Hi everyone, i need your suggestions
Jul 18, 2009 at 9:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Parkinson

Head-Fier
So hi, as you can see im new here, and i saw the forum is realy great, so i have some questions.
Ill try to describe you what im looking for.
Now, i have a pair of Koss KSC75.
I used them for almost a year and a half, and they are fine for me, cannot complain, but...i wanna try a better headphones(i never really did).
I mostly listen to harsh metal music (like melodic death metal and deathcore...), but even some of you would say that this music is only a big one noise of boom-boom-boom-tah-tah-tah, i really like to listen to every little thing and for every instrument playing.
I personally searching for headphones with good-as-possible Highs, and balanced Mids.
The Lows are less important to me, but they should be good enough.

About the price, i buy the KSC75 through ebay for about 20+ dollars...
So for a new better pair a would like to spend about 40+- dollars (you should consider that i have to pay for shipping to Israel, which is usually high priced).
so the headphones+shipping together must not cost over 50-55 dollars.

I saw a pair of Audio Technica ATH-EQ700 in a good price in ebay, the problem is that i dont know how are they...
I didn't find any reviews on these and i dont know how are they compering to the KSC.
Are they worth their cost ?
I should feel an higher level of sound with these comparing to the KSC75 ?
Are they feet for my type of music ?

I also saw Yuin G2 in a nice price...what can you tell me about them ?
Edit: i just saw that Head Direct selling the G2A for 60$.
There is a big difference between the G2 and the G2A ?

If you have recommendation for me, ill be glad to hear.

thank you very much.
itay

Jul 18, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 19
I think that you really need a change... Any Change. So the only way to tell would be to get the G2a's from Headdirect and listen for yourself. I have not heard them so maybe in a couple of days someone who has, will chime in with an opinion. give it a couple more days. The weekend can be a bit slow sometimes as far as postings. It might pick up a little this evening.

Jul 18, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 19
Jul 18, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 19
The thing is that the best headphones i ever used (for some time...and not only for 1 hour or two) was the KSC75.
I really like to listen to my music, i listen to music for 3-4 hours a day...and i would like to test my hearing boundaries.
I mean, i never tested something better so i dont know what i am missing...and its very important to me to get the best sound i can get for a cost i can afford to myself.

So im actually trying to find headphones which will probably cost more (in this case, about 3 times the cost of the KSC75), and give it a try, so i will see if i notice the difference and how much it is noticeable for my ears.

About the PX100, i wanted to try them but i dont like the feeling of the headphones hanging on my head or on the back of the head...Clip on is perfect for me especially because i always go out with them...and sometimes i need to put it in my packets or just to take off only one the sides.

So...
Im searching for a replacement for my KSC75, which will make a better sound (something noticeable) in a reasonable price.

I saw the comparison in the link you gave joker, but this is an opinion of one man only...so wanted to see what others have to say and if they share his opinion.

boomy3555, what do you mean by "I think that you really need a change... Any Change" ?

thank you very much for you answers!

Jul 19, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 19
please....?
This money dont come easy...believe me.
Maybe for you its a low-end cheap headphones, but its still money.
I dont wanna spend money on something that dont worth a buy and wont show any noticeable change from the headphones i already have.

Jul 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #10 of 19
Well, I don't know what you want from us. The Yuins are the best step-up from the KSC75s as far as clip-ons go. If you want more reviews than "the opinion of one man", then search for them yourself. You asked a question, and it was answered.

Jul 19, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #11 of 19
I'm really sorry for those bumps...but i really wanted to see if some other peoples here had a chance to try the yuin and can approve what that man said.]
I guess ill order them, thank you very much for answering me, and again..sorry for bumping the post.
If someone else want to share his opinion...feel free.
thanks in advance.

Jul 19, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parkinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really sorry for those bumps...but i really wanted to see if some other peoples here had a chance to try the yuin and can approve what that man said.]
I guess ill order them, thank you very much for answering me, and again..sorry for bumping the post.
If someone else want to share his opinion...feel free.
thanks in advance.

Yes, other people have tried the yuins and the reviews are consistent. That is what I mean by "search for them yourself". Enjoy!

Yuin G1A and G2A

Yuin G2: first pics + impressions

Yuin G1A and G2A Review

Jul 19, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #13 of 19
thank you very much!

Just one more question for you guys:

I know its a stupid question, but i saw people here recommends "warming up" the headphones for 100-200 hours...
I want to make sure, what exactly should i do ?
(i know its not about putting them into the microwave...
atsmile.gif
)

Jul 19, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #14 of 19
Play music through them for that long, preferably with volume set slightly louder than what you usually do.

Jul 19, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by decay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Play music through them for that long, preferably with volume set slightly louder than what you usually do.

Seconded. This is referred to as Burn-in and it has its own faq here. Though lots of people prefer to use pink noise, I have always done exactly what Decay said - just leave em playing tunes for a few days at a slightly louder volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back