Hi Everybody. Newbie Here!
Jul 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

yxpoh

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, everyone.

I am Poh, Singaporean. Nice to meet everyone on head-fi. Actually, I have been reading lots of stuff from the site for a while.
Thought I should introduce myself.

A little bit of myself:
Current rig = Sandisk Sansa Clip+
DAC = Don't Use
IEM = Thinksound Ms01

Not really sure if I am saying it correctly but I like balanced sounds with a slight preference for clarity.
Well, since "fun" doesn't mean it is not clear, I guess I can also say "Clear/Detailed Fun". My current IEM lacks the fun part :p

Anyway, i must say the talks on cosmic ears is really tempting me! 
evil_smiley.gif

I do know that BA3 has a similar or "close to" sound signature when compared to TF10.
However, do anyone here knows what iem is similar to HY3?

And did anyone compared between Null/Rooth, UM and CE before?

Current Interested Targets:
UM Aero/Marvel
CE BA3 and HY3
Rooth LS3

Thanks. and a pleasure meeting everyone here.

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 11
Welcome to Head-fi!  I also lurked for many months  -- there is just so much
information to digest.

I can't be of much help since I'm not familiar with your target earphones.
However, another brand to consider is Etymotic.  They have a very
clear delivery.  They tend to be a bit lean in the bass, but these are often
my first choice.  FWIW.

I'm sure other more knowledgeable folks will chime in.  Enjoy your time here.

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
Welcome to Head-fi!  I also lurked for many months  -- there is just so much
information to digest.

I can't be of much help since I'm not familiar with your target earphones.
However, another brand to consider is Etymotic.  They have a very
clear delivery.  They tend to be a bit lean in the bass, but these are often
my first choice.  FWIW.

I'm sure other more knowledgeable folks will chime in.  Enjoy your time here.

Thank you. I see. Actually, I have went ahead and tested the demo sets at Null Audio for Rooth LS3 and LS4 and Stereo for UM Mage and Aero.

I must say all sounded really Good! Though Rooth has a more bassy side while UM has a more clear side.
UM is currently slightly too clear for my preferences.

However, I encounter a problem when trying the LS4. It might have been my problem of wearing the IEM properly but I got this sound block at some portion of some of the songs. It's like I can still hear sound from right piece but there is a feeling that something is getting blocked. Wonder if anyone get what I am trying to say and is able to explain it to me. I am listening to the Universal set for your information.

Apologies that I can't explain it too well.

Jul 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 11
Ah, you're so lucky to be able to try these out at Null Audio.  You have some
seriously wonderful options. 

I'm not sure on the sound block problem you mention.  Of course,
since these are demonstration models, it's possible they have gotten a lot
of use and perhaps there is a short in the cable?  

If sound is blocked in both ears at the same time, I'm inclined to think it is the
cable.

Confident there are some Rooth and UM experts about.  If they don't see
this posting you might try again with those brand name in the title of a new
post.

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 11
Ah.. Thanks.. I guess I will give it a try.

And regarding the sound block, it only happens on the right side.
There was a person from another forum who say it could be power lacking problem... as in my source provides weak power.
Is it possible?

Another user was trying the LS4 but he didn't seem to find it a problem..(of course, there is that possibility that he didn't notice it or didn't know it was a flaw but that is actually quite not possible...i think..) Seems to be using his iphone as a source.

I am using a Sansa Clip+, could that be the problem?
And do you think a hippo box+ can provide enough "juice" if that is the case?

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 11
If underpowered, it seems to me that both channels would be affected equally.
Also, if lack of power is the problem, I would expect low volume or perhaps
"lifeless" sound.  But not complete silence in one channel.  

And, to clarify, do you mean that the right side goes completely silent at times?
If so, really feels like this is a connectivity problem between the music player to driver.  Either
the cable is compromised or the connection to the driver or connection to player
is not solid.  Possible that the mini-plug was not all the way in to the player?  

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #7 of 11
Its not silent. there is still sound but there is the hollow-like feel to the right side. Like a change of pressure of something. like the lift example i have been giving or breathing out while u close your mouth and pinch your nose.

It does happen at times.

Sorry, even though i am asking for help, i can't really explain it well.

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 11
Hello!

Brother, why not just head to Stereo and test out the IEM at your price range there? They got sibeh much choice and the customer service is one of the best! 

ok... I'm not good at those language lol... Anyway, I actually like the UE900 a lot! Or if you listen to a lot of instruments, I really like the XBA-4 with the foam eartips on it as well. Other brands like Westone, Shure have pretty good IEM I must say! I heard Stereo is having this promo; pre-order SE-840 and get free UE900 or the UE9000! Maybe just go for it? Either keep the Shure or put it online and sell it? Just my suggestion

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #9 of 11
Thanks for the advice but i am looking into the customs rather than the universals.

Currently, I am asking for help as I wish to be able to know what is going on when the same thing happens in the future.

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
Its not silent. there is still sound but there is the hollow-like feel to the right side. Like a change of pressure of something. like the lift example i have been giving or breathing out while u close your mouth and pinch your nose.

I am baffled.  Does this hollowness on the right side only occurs with the LS4s and not the LS3s? 

Maybe this is a result of how right side demonstrator fits in your ear?  And certainly a left ear can
have different shape, size, and angle of entry compared to the right ear.  That's the only thing that comes to mind.

I'm still not inclined to think it is your music player, since it is working fine with the other IEMs.

I guess what I'd do, if possible, is return to Null Audio for another try.  And if you have the same problem,
bring it to the attention of the sales person.  Otherwise I'm at a loss.

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 11
I was planning the same thing.

Was just hoping to see what are the possibilities of the problem before I test it.
You know so you can do some trial and error when you are testing it to check the problems.

Anyway, Thanks again for your advices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back