Hi, asking for recommendations.
Apr 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KazukiHizushi

New Head-Fier
Hi, ladies and gents, could you please suggest a good pair of headphones (over-ear or on ear).
My Marshall Major IIs are currently on its last legs.
I'm looking for a high-impedance headphone, with an in-line microphone.
High-impedance, cause I want to take advantage of my (now discontinued) LG V40 Thin-Q with its Quad-DAC.
In-line Microphone so I can take some calls, just in-case.
Preferably something below 80 Ohms.

Searching on Google lead me to Beyerdynamic, with the caveat that it doesn't come with an inline mic...
Perhaps you may have more suggestions?

Thanks!
Edit: minor grammatical corrections.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 3
There are ways to "trick" your LG into using the quad DAC with any headphone. I forget how to do it, but it involves using an adapter IIRC.

Also not sure if you're aware or not but LG announced last week that theyre getting out of the mobile phone bizness.

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 3
There are ways to "trick" your LG into using the quad DAC with any headphone. I forget how to do it, but it involves using an adapter IIRC.

Also not sure if you're aware or not but LG announced last week that theyre getting out of the mobile phone bizness.
Oh, I know the trick, I just can't be bothered with an adapter, cause if that were the case then I might as well use USB-C.

Ah, yes, I'm fully aware that LG ditched the phone market, all the more reason to buy the V60 soon.

But for now, I'd rather have a headset with a max of 80 ohms and an in-line mic (if there is one).

I just don't want to carry more adapters and things, I already have a powerbank to worry about, I don't need more wires, hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back