HGA Silver IC's?
Sep 11, 2007 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nick20

Banned
Just wondering what you guys think of Home Grown Audio's pure silver IC's.

http://www.homegrownaudio.com/hga/super_silver.htm

Looking to buy a single, not a pair. A searched showed these were highly regarded, but the thread was from last year. I'm going to get a single Super Silver if some of you can reassure me of my purchase.

Just wondering if quality has gotten better/worse, build quality better/worse etc.

Thanks,

-Nick

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 7
I've tried HGA silver IC. Didn't like it at all. That was from a CowonD2 to a C&C box feeding 650 cabled hd580s in March. Couldn't sell it fast enough. Since then I've stayed away from Silver and HGA.

edit: mine was an IC made by a prominent head-fier. 4 strand, 3ft, 24AWG pure HGA silver.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried HGA silver IC. Didn't like it at all. That was from a CowonD2 to a C&C box feeding 650 cabled hd580s in March. Couldn't sell it fast enough. Since then I've stayed away from Silver and HGA.

edit: mine was an IC made by a prominent head-fier. 4 strand, 3ft, 24AWG pure HGA silver.

Would you mind elaborating a little more on the topic why you didn't like it? Just curious.

Since this has raised my eye a little bit, what other single IC's can I get for $60-$75? I have considered a few, but the build quality looks outstanding, and I believed this was a foolproof IC upgrade for my Little Dot tube amp. And the search I did showed these were some pretty regarded IC's for the money.

Sep 11, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 7
Perhaps the Signal Cable Silver Resolution Reference IC?
I love mine...best interconnect I have heard in my system to date.
Pure silver as well.

Sep 11, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 7
There was an Italian hifi magazine review of 22 interconnects and the HGA cables did okay, but there were many better cables. A twisted pair solid 30 AWG silver cable ranked in the top 3, if I remember correctly.

Sep 11, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A twisted pair solid 30 AWG silver cable ranked in the top 3, if I remember correctly.

And who was the manufacturer? I plan on buying factory terminated, not DIY, if that helps.

Thanks,

-Nick

Sep 11, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #7 of 7
I have used HGA interconnects. I loved them. Sold them and now... I miss them .

I think they are great. A lot depends on your system and whether you get good synergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back