HFM He350 or Kingston Hyperx Cloud 2
Apr 29, 2016 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Anthony Frandi

Head-Fier
So, after search for many places, i found out kingston hyperx cloud 2 recommended for gaming and music at 100 bucks. But then I found a massdrop exclusive campaign about hifiman he 350 for 100 bucks while Mrsp is about 300. Now, which one should I get? I am looking for it more for the music thoug, thanks before

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 6
While I've never owned or heard any of those, I'd simply go for the Hifiman because:
- it's open-back which is often better for music sound quality 
- it's bigger and probably more comfortable

If you do want a good mic for gaming though, you might want to consider a combo like Philips SHP9500 + Vmoda boom mic pro.

For competitive gaming, closed back headphones are better because they help isolate noises like melting GPU fans etc.

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #3 of 6
  While I've never owned or heard any of those, I'd simply go for the Hifiman because:
- it's open-back which is often better for music sound quality 
- it's bigger and probably more comfortable

If you do want a good mic for gaming though, you might want to consider a combo like Philips SHP9500 + Vmoda boom mic pro.

For competitive gaming, closed back headphones are better because they help isolate noises like melting GPU fans etc.

thanks for the reply man, I do play video games like cs:go and dota 2, but not really into competition, so if my future headphone or headset can tell which direction the enemies are coming, it's good enough, and I am using laptop for gaming, so I can use my laptop's mic though.

and with my budget with $100, I am trying to get the best I can get. 

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 6
he 350 for 100 bucks while Mrsp is about 300. 

MSRP is useless.
That HE350 doesn't ship until August or something.
Few people know what they actually sound like since few people have it.
HE350 is open, hyperx is closed.  If you need isolation or to not leak sound, the choice is easy.
Hyperx has a mic.  That's not a dealbreaker, but it's a plus.
The HE350 is mostly an unknown at this time, while the hyperx and its clones have been raved about for years.

You could get both, use hyperx until the HE350 arrives, and then sell the one you don't like as much.

There's also plenty of other headphones out there too.

Apr 30, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 6
MSRP is useless.
That HE350 doesn't ship until August or something.
Few people know what they actually sound like since few people have it.
HE350 is open, hyperx is closed.  If you need isolation or to not leak sound, the choice is easy.
Hyperx has a mic.  That's not a dealbreaker, but it's a plus.
The HE350 is mostly an unknown at this time, while the hyperx and its clones have been raved about for years.

You could get both, use hyperx until the HE350 arrives, and then sell the one you don't like as much.

There's also plenty of other headphones out there too.
my money is only enough to get between those 2 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back