HFI 580 Questions
Jan 19, 2012 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Skythe

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I bought a pair of 580s after advice from you guys a month or two ago, and I'm back with a few quick questions :)

I bought these without realizing the cord is incredibly long. Assuming some of you guys wear these while walking around, how do you manage the cord? A little clip, or do you just roll it up, or did I buy a long cord version of the 580s? Haha :X

Also, would you guys suggest a little amp or something? Or should I just save the money and work towards a better set of headphones? (And what would you guys suggest as a step above the 580s, in terms of Bass most importantly, and then mids and highs?)

Thanks guys, much appreciated <3 And sorry if this is in the wrong place, or if I'm asking repeated questions (I tried looking and didn't find much).

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 4
You can braid the cables. 

Take a look at this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/543614/shure-srh750dj-and-audio-technica-m50-for-portable-use/15

They are easy to drive from a portable device, you looking for more bass? 

How many hours of burn in they have? i think its too early for an upgrade, enjoy your phones and think on upgrading later. 

Just a thought. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
You can braid the cables. 

Take a look at this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/543614/shure-srh750dj-and-audio-technica-m50-for-portable-use/15

They are easy to drive from a portable device, you looking for more bass? 

How many hours of burn in they have? i think its too early for an upgrade, enjoy your phones and think on upgrading later. 

Just a thought. 

More bass is always a welcomed thought, although not necessary. And I've probably listened to them for around 50 hours now, casually. And yeah, I wouldn't upgrade any time soon. Probably just save up now to get a head start, and knowledge as to what headphones would come next is always good. Although it'll probably change by the time I'm done with these.

Thanks for the braiding suggestion!

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:

More bass is always a welcomed thought, although not necessary. And I've probably listened to them for around 50 hours now, casually. And yeah, I wouldn't upgrade any time soon. Probably just save up now to get a head start, and knowledge as to what headphones would come next is always good. Although it'll probably change by the time I'm done with these.

Thanks for the braiding suggestion!

Enjoy your sones! spend some time with them...upgrade when you're ready.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back