HFI 580 or M50 ?
Sep 16, 2013 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ER4S

Previously known as mohandas
Hi guys, this is my first topic in Head-Fi, so new here. I decided, I will buy one of them but I can't decide which one is true for me?

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 4
  Hi guys, this is my first topic in Head-Fi, so new here. I decided, I will buy one of them but I can't decide which one is true for me?

I generally listen jazz music, especially trios (generally drum, piano and double bass.. sometimes saxophone). So I need really really good sound stage and instrument separation. I'm not a basshead but I want to hear every string of double bass with details. I read lots of things (really so many comparisons) but I'm not sure if everybody in here use both headphones.. So I need your help..

summary: 
- I need bass (jus for hearing double bass' strings)
- I need details (that's really important, I want to hear jazz pianists' breath..)
- I need sound stage
- I need instrument separation

imagine me, I will just sit on the seat and listen jazz.. which one will be better?

I'm waiting for your comments, especially from them who use/used both of them..
also, greetings from turkey!

Heya,

I would get the HFI580 over the M50 any day, especially for music listening, strictly because it has a better sound stage.

That said, the HFI580 is a bassy headphone. I would suggest you look at the HFI780 and PRO750 instead, they are balanced.

Other headphones to consider, though I know what's available to you and prices are going to be vastly different than the USA, so at least something to look into:

AudioTechnica A900X
AudioTechnica T500
Brainwavz HM5
AKG K271 MKII
SoundMAGIC HP100
Beyer DT770 PRO LE 32ohm

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back