HF-1s?
Mar 17, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
Comparing the HF1's to the 225's, does the HF1's a grave dis-service. The HF1's are way better!

- augustwest

I don't quite agree with this. The HF-1's are different from the SR-225's. Are they better? Well, I imagine most people would prefer the HF-1's. The SR-225's are more dry, clinical, thin and don't have the the same amount of bass. But if you're looking for a more "neutral" or accurate headphone, or value more clarity, especially in crisp treble, I'd look to the SR-225's.

I will say my gut is that the HF-1 driver seems more musical (whatever that means) than the SR-225's, but we haven't seen it really reach its potential. I had been skeptical of all these people spending money to mod their HF-1's, esp since I'm such a fan of the RS-1, but now that I actually own a HF-1, I'm starting to appreciate what they're reaching for.

Oh, and by far, the HF-1 is the fuzzier headphone.
biggrin.gif

Best regards,

-Jason

Mar 18, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
How does the HF-1 compare to the MS-2?

I second this question. Anyone?

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #20 of 22
How do they sound compared to the Senn 580s? Or is that a heretical question?

Just trying to get a feel for these. Do they have good soundstage, imaging, neutral, etc? I know a few folks have said they're warm. Are they warm like Vandersteens?

Are they good for all round music or only good for jazz and vocals...?

Oh.. and I did check out the headphone review section and didn't find these. I kept getting these mixed up with the HP2s, I think, and kept doing doubletakes.

And .. from what I've been reading on the site.. it seems like I'd like the 880s or the 701s.. then these came along...

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by roguedog
How do they sound compared to the Senn 580s? Or is that a heretical question?

Just trying to get a feel for these. Do they have good soundstage, imaging, neutral, etc? I know a few folks have said they're warm. Are they warm like Vandersteens?

Are they good for all round music or only good for jazz and vocals...?

Oh.. and I did check out the headphone review section and didn't find these. I kept getting these mixed up with the HP2s, I think, and kept doing doubletakes.

And .. from what I've been reading on the site.. it seems like I'd like the 880s or the 701s.. then these came along...

DT880 and AKG701 were fads of the month, which is why you saw them mentioned so frequently here.

Keep that in mind when you read these forums. A lot of people will rave about a new headphone not because it's objectively better, but simply because it is different.

-Matt

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
How does the HF-1 compare to the MS-2?

The HF-1 is much closer to the SR225 than it is to the MS-2.

You will not receive the same kind of bass definition and soundstage with the HF-1 as you do with the MS-2.

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back