Headphoneus Supremus
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Got it!! Just got it a few minutes ago. Beautiful!!!! They look just as the pics we have seeen already. John Grado signature (#11) and all. Very beautiful, love the mohogany. I've owned the RS-1 and they are the same exact Mohogany wood and finish. The buttons look great too. Other than that, their 225's.

As for sound. I'm using modified Senn pads. Gilmore Lite +DPS. Wow. Folks. This is nice. I am trying to remain calm and not get too over the top. Undeniable difference in bass and note decay. The HF-1 has quite deeper bass and an overall more full sound compared to the 225. The 225 has always sounded a bit dry to me, not starkly but just a little. The HF-1 holds note decay longer and there's more air/ambience. Undeniable difference. Low level resolution seems to be improved and I hear better layering/depth. A bit more clairty too. I am sure they need more time to break in and so take it all with a grain of salt. Definitely more of an RS-1 flavor here folks. Didn't say it's an RS-1 but it has the flavor. It's been a while since I heard them. Wow. I mean it, it really is a nice upgrade to the 225. Ummm, let me listen some more and I'll pass along more impressions!

Thanks John!!!

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #3 of 130
Wow. I'm surprised. They almost sound like they don't even need break in. They are not bright and edgy at all. They sound incredible. Treble is almost silky sounding to me. The first thing I notice when I switch back to the 225's is how much lighter and more nimble they sound and that dryness. The HF-1 is more meaty sounding, full, clean, present, more powerful. The deep bass is really really nice, love it.

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 130
Excellent post!
wink.gif

Seriously, glad you are liking them. You know those SR225s I sold you? I just bought another pair on Monday. Tuesday I ordered the HF-1.
rolleyes.gif

I'll be spending some side-by-side time with them soon. Which Senn pads are you using, Dr. Cox?

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile
Excellent post!
wink.gif

Seriously, glad you are liking them. You know those SR225s I sold you? I just bought another pair on Monday. Tuesday I ordered the HF-1.
rolleyes.gif

I'll be spending some side-by-side time with them soon. Which Senn pads are you using, Dr. Cox?

Heh, heh, Dr. Cox.
eggosmile.gif
I am using modified Senn 414 pads. I find I like them a bit better than flat pads and can hardly tell the difference myself. The drivers physically touching my ears with the flats hurt a little. You will really like these cans people, they sound awesome. Make no mistake, feel skeptical if you want, but I tell you these are undeniably an improvement over the 225.

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 130
good review.... mind posting the driver wo the pad of the RS1 and HF1??

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:59 PM Post #8 of 130
Great impressions!! The SR225 is my favorite Grado (other than the RS-1 haha) because IMO it's the least bright/harsh on the top end. Glad to know the HF-1 improves upon it to my ears!

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #9 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by nakedtoes
good review.... mind posting the driver wo the pad of the RS1 and HF1??

I don't have RS-1's myself, I used to own them.

Did people want more pics? I figured we've seen it all already.

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #10 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
I don't have RS-1's myself, I used to own them.

Did people want more pics? I figured we've seen it all already.

Sure! why not?
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #11 of 130
We want as many pics as possible! damn these sound very good, but then again i am about to get a new camera.... god i hate this place!!
eek.gif

PS. heh dont worry, i still love you guys
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #12 of 130
wow this fixes the exact reasons why I was holding out on 225's. I thought it would be wrong to imagine that they would do exactly what I need but I am sending out my 20 10 dollar bills tonight.

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #14 of 130
Thanks for the great initial impressions, Sean! WHOOHOO!

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #15 of 130
Pics added to first post, folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back