HF-1: Headfier profiteering
Apr 14, 2006 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 245

sub

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

Does it not make you sick that Grado offered this for headfiers receiving only $175 ($25 to Headfi) while our co-members are profiting for more than 3 times the amount?

Grado should offer this for sale again to members only (post count 100 minimum to prevent newbs from ripping off bonafide members) to take out the "black market" price of the $200 headphone and Headfi getting its due funding from the sales.

I am truly disgusted....very shameful folks especially to Mr. Grado/Todd/Headfi.

Apr 14, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 245
I think making anything "limited edition" is a stupid concept, because then no one gets to take advantage of it in the future.... guess if you do it right, as a company you can make profit off of this tactic by getting everyone to buy it right away and by raising prices.

What people are doing by reselling these headphones is the company's fault for making limited edition cans in the first place -- my suggestion to these companies: just don't do it.

Apr 14, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #3 of 245
This argument has been going for ages, and in numerous threads. It's just gonna end up being another brawl.

My advice: Just let it slide

Apr 14, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
This argument has been going for ages, and in numerous threads. It's just gonna end up being another brawl.

My advice: Just let it slide

Yup. Heh.. once the search function gets up and running do a search on HF-1s and profiteering and there are no less than 3 long drawn out topics on this very issue.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by sub
Does it not make you sick that Grado offered this for headfiers receiving only $175 ($25 to Headfi) while our co-members are profiting for more than 3 times the amount?

Not really. If you feel the need to gripe about current market prices, I think you were foolish for not buying them when they were readily available and unlimited.

If you weren't a member during that time, well, they weren't marketed for you in the first place. Be glad they're being offered at all.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #7 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Not really. If you feel the need to gripe about current market prices, I think you were foolish for not buying them when they were readily available and unlimited.

If you weren't a member during that time, well, they weren't marketed for you in the first place. Be glad they're being offered at all.

Best,

-Jason

Totally agree. Am i pissed that i wasn't in the know when the HP1 and 2 came out? Nope.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #9 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by sub
Hi folks,

Grado should offer this for sale again to members only (post count 100 minimum to prevent newbs from ripping off bonafide members) to take out the "black market" price of the $200 headphone and Headfi getting its due funding from the sales.

I am truly disgusted....very shameful folks especially to Mr. Grado/Todd/Headfi.

haven't we all whined about this topic enough? Enough for a life time? DO a search, your not alone, alot of other overly concerned people have had their nipples twisted over this situation...

life goes on.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #10 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Totally agree. Am i pissed that i wasn't in the know when the HP1 and 2 came out? Nope.

To be fair, they were on the market for like...half a decade...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #11 of 245
Such is the result of capitalism, i just hope that those who sold theirs to make that extra money spent their gains on an even better headphone and didnt waste it on sex drugs and booze.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #12 of 245
eh...a 450 dollar headphone... could almost get an old RS-1 for that
I wasn't around when they first came out...but you people sure do talk about them. i didn't care. but then i tested it out...wow, it is a nice can... i got hungry for one...they came out again...but this time a fraction of a second prevented me from owning them... now i can't afford them anymore; but am i to regard it as an unreachable dream like the HE90-HEV90?
what im' a bit annoyed by isn't so much the original sale, but the teasing sale after...still, it was fun.
also: i was less then 10 when the HP headphones went out of sale...i never even had a chance!
Also: the HF-1 has no claim to the best dynamic headphone....so it can't be going up forever like the HP series or L3K which could reach 2000 dollars in a few years.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #13 of 245
i think all the people saying.."eh, just let it go, stop whining" either already own an HF-1 or aren't fans of the Grado sound. i tried for them when Todd offered the extra 20 or whatever it was. of course, i got the shaft like most others. i'm definitely bums me out how much people are trying to get for them.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #15 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
i think all the people saying.."eh, just let it go, stop whining" either already own an HF-1 or aren't fans of the Grado sound.

No, we're people who've both heard and participated in this exact argument more times than we cared to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back