HF-1 # 47 on Ebay
Jun 13, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #33 of 63
I am always perplexed and often amused by people getting their panties in a wad when someone posts an Ebay link to a pair of Headphones. And I am even more perplexed when people give Ebay sellers (that are also Head-Fi members) s**t for selling their gear on Ebay instead of trying to keep the gear "in the community". I have news for you, if it is my gear I am going to do whatever the hell I want with it. If anyone gives me crap as a result, I am going to go ahead and tell you to "go pound sand".

At any rate, I see nothing wrong with posting a link here, no matter how hard I try. I have been known to do it myself (and will continue to do it as long as I am not breaking any Head-Fi rules). Ebay is no secret people, at any given time there are 5 trillion people looking at auction listings there. And for the headphones and related gear, I can assure you that a very large percentage of the Head-Fi community are already watching these auctions, independent of being alerted to the auction by a link here at Head-Fi. If you think otherwise, you are most likely fooling yourself.

Take, for example, the HF-1s in question. Although I can't prove it, I can almost guarantee that they would have sold for the same amount they end up selling for even if a link was NEVER posted here at Head-Fi. Contrary to popular belief, our community is not the only one that contains fanatical audio/headphone enthusiasts and collectors. Head-Fi is barely a blip on the map when considering all of the other audio related message boards and audio related special interest websites out there.

Out of all of the hobbies I am involved in, I can't understand why this is the only one where people get all riled up when an Ebay link is posted. I also collect knives, airguns, guitars and guitar related gear and video games. Each of those hobbies have ravenous and fanatical fans that have several special interest message boards. For all of those hobbies (and respective message boards), I often see Ebay links posted to rare and interesting items, and no one EVER throws a fit because of it.

Interesting...

At any rate, when people throw a temper tantrum over selling gear on Ebay, and posting links to auctions, it makes me that much happier that I was the first person to ever sell a pair of HF-1s on Ebay. And boy do I remember how I was treated back when I did that. I caught all kinds of hell for that one. I find it funny that it is now "OK" to do it, and no one is ever publicly harassed anymore these days when a pair of HF-1s go up on Ebay. So reflecting on that whole situation, to all of those people who felt it was their duty to give me hell for selling MY HF-1s on Ebay, I still say "go pound sand".

I really hope that "riceboy" makes a killing on this auction. But the sad reality is that after Ebay and Paypal charge their fees, and you factor in time/effort and gas money to drive to the post office to deliver them, he probably will not end up making much profit (if any at all). When considering what he probably paid for them with the headband mod, my bet is that he will probably end up breaking even if he is lucky.

Off I go to find some interesting Headphone related auctions on Ebay so I can post a link here at Head-Fi!

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #34 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am always perplexed and often amused by people getting their panties in a wad when someone posts an Ebay link to a pair of Headphones.

You and me both.

Quote:

I really hope that "riceboy" makes a killing on this auction.

I do too. I hope he blows it on strippers and taco bell. And I hope he starts a thread about it.

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #35 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going to put in a bid for $5000. I hope I win.

Your money is no good on Ebay.

Move along...

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #36 of 63
Shilling an ebay sale that is freely viewable for anyone searching for it is still an extremely jerk thing to do no matter how you slice it. If people insist on doing this, then why not make an ebay announcement forum as part of the FS forums? That way buyers and casual drive-by posters can let everyone know about the amazing deal that once was, until they posted that thread and ruined it.

And nothing against Riceboy, unless he's double-registered against the OP. Hey, they're his cans, and someone should have some good luck from this, if not the buyers.

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #37 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shilling an ebay sale that is freely viewable for anyone searching for it is still an extremely jerk thing to do no matter how you slice it. If people insist on doing this, then why not make an ebay announcement forum as part of the FS forums? .

Crap, I kind of agree with you for this part. I don't really care that's he shilling a sale, but I'd rather not see ebay auctions posted here. But I will say it's a bit more interesting than the myriad of Paypal, UPS, I'm-entitled-to-see-the-price-you-sold-your-gear-for threads.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #38 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crap, I kind of agree with you for this part. I don't really care that's he shilling a sale, but I'd rather not see ebay auctions posted here. But I will say it's a bit more interesting than the myriad of Paypal, UPS, I'm-entitled-to-see-the-price-you-sold-your-gear-for threads.

OTOH, I agree with this also. Like 1000%. It's also more interensting than the average AdamCalifornia poll.
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #39 of 63
Quote:

OTOH, I agree with this also. Like 1000%. It's also more interesting than the average AdamCalifornia poll.
wink.gif

O god. I agreed with you, you agreed with me, what the hell is the world coming to.

I've been disappointed that Adam's last bunch of threads actually had no poll. It's like boxers with out the pee hole.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #40 of 63
You know what else is a freely viewable forum for people searching for headphone gear?

I'm guessing yes. I'm also guessing you're more of a power-buyer than power-seller.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #41 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going to put in a bid for $5000. I hope I win.

I am sure you will win it with such a high bid!
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #42 of 63
Quote:

I am always perplexed and often amused by people getting their panties in a wad when someone posts an Ebay link to a pair of Headphones. And I am even more perplexed when people give Ebay sellers (that are also Head-Fi members) s**t for selling their gear on Ebay instead of trying to keep the gear "in the community". I have news for you, if it is my gear I am going to do whatever the hell I want with it. If anyone gives me crap as a result, I am going to go ahead and tell you to "go pound sand".

At any rate, I see nothing wrong with posting a link here, no matter how hard I try. I have been known to do it myself (and will continue to do it as long as I am not breaking any Head-Fi rules). Ebay is no secret people, at any given time there are 5 trillion people looking at auction listings there. And for the headphones and related gear, I can assure you that a very large percentage of the Head-Fi community are already watching these auctions, independent of being alerted to the auction by a link here at Head-Fi. If you think otherwise, you are most likely fooling yourself.

Take, for example, the HF-1s in question. Although I can't prove it, I can almost guarantee that they would have sold for the same amount they end up selling for even if a link was NEVER posted here at Head-Fi. Contrary to popular belief, our community is not the only one that contains fanatical audio/headphone enthusiasts and collectors. Head-Fi is barely a blip on the map when considering all of the other audio related message boards and audio related special interest websites out there.

Out of all of the hobbies I am involved in, I can't understand why this is the only one where people get all riled up when an Ebay link is posted. I also collect knives, airguns, guitars and guitar related gear and video games. Each of those hobbies have ravenous and fanatical fans that have several special interest message boards. For all of those hobbies (and respective message boards), I often see Ebay links posted to rare and interesting items, and no one EVER throws a fit because of it.

Interesting...

At any rate, when people throw a temper tantrum over selling gear on Ebay, and posting links to auctions, it makes me that much happier that I was the first person to ever sell a pair of HF-1s on Ebay. And boy do I remember how I was treated back when I did that. I caught all kinds of hell for that one. I find it funny that it is now "OK" to do it, and no one is ever publicly harassed anymore these days when a pair of HF-1s go up on Ebay. So reflecting on that whole situation, to all of those people who felt it was their duty to give me hell for selling MY HF-1s on Ebay, I still say "go pound sand".

I really hope that "riceboy" makes a killing on this auction. But the sad reality is that after Ebay and Paypal charge their fees, and you factor in time/effort and gas money to drive to the post office to deliver them, he probably will not end up making much profit (if any at all). When considering what he probably paid for them with the headband mod, my bet is that he will probably end up breaking even if he is lucky.

Off I go to find some interesting Headphone related auctions on Ebay so I can post a link here at Head-Fi!

"Go Pound Sand"....man, I haven't heard that one in years. That's old school and funny as hell.
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #43 of 63
Quote:

OTOH, I agree with this also. Like 1000%. It's also more interesting than the average AdamCalifornia poll.
wink.gif

Hey Plainsong (excuse me guys for a minute while I chat with Plain), I was driving round the internet and found a watch forum where you sold a watch to a guy in Greece. Small internet, no?

I just took delivery of an ORIS. It's real nice. I'll post some pics in the watch thread when I pull out the macro stuff.

Hey, did you see my post where I had you win the 14th season of Rock of Love:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4320423-post71.html

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #44 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, and after hearing the HF-1, RS-2, and RS-1 side-by-side, it's truly bizarre to me that people are willing to spend RS-2 + money on the HF-1. As nice as it is, and limited edition or not, it just isn't on the same level as the Reference Series.

Still, #47 is unique, what with that kontai69 headband I so lovingly installed.

I agree- The HF-1 is balanced and I liked the sound, but A/Bing it with the RS-1 definately showed how much more exciting the RS-1 is. Like the PS-1, it has shot up in price becuase it is limited and hard to come by. People will pay just to make sure they don't have to wait to find another one.

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #45 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O god. I agreed with you, you agreed with me, what the hell is the world coming to.

I've been disappointed that Adam's last bunch of threads actually had no poll. It's like boxers with out the pee hole.

This made me laugh so hard I coughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back