look at the signature of riceboy

narrow in the ebay feedback link

surprise

biggrin.gif

Confirmed!

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #17 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If someone else is looking for something on ebay, they'll find it.

x2

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #19 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever happened to selling this within the community? I thought that was the unwritten rule?

I think anyone seeking out an HF-1 is probably already part of the community, or soon will be.

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #21 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think anyone seeking out an HF-1 is probably already part of the community, or soon will be.

Yeah, I agree I think it is fine to post ebay auctions, particularly on rare or special headphones.

As Plainsong said there has been lots of discussion/flaming on this in the past but since quite a few people are complaining/voicing dissent here I just want to voice support.

I am interested in seeing HF-1s on ebay, but I never check Ebay myself. Thanks for posting.

I hope the winner can really appreciate these headphones. Great history, great sound, and great (original) price.

And if you ever see #78 on ebay or anywhere else please PM me immediately because something has gone terribly wrong!

Jun 12, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #23 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by emperorarghoslen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3 days and 2 hrs left and its up to 360........Hmm i bet it'll hit 600$ .

eBay really does make people do stupid things.

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #24 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well there's always two sides to that story. No one wanted my mint-in-box pair, except for crazy lowball offers. There was one nice guy with whom it simply fell through, so if he's reading this, not thinking of him.

I had no choice but to ebay. I needed the funds. But I did try Head-fi first.

Oh yeah, I agree... people can do as they please. Personally, given the history of these headphones, I would have offered them here first and not necessarily gone for the big-ticket return that eBay offers, knowing they were going to a member of this community. If they didn't sell here, then I might have tried eBay.

Anyway, it is an unwritten law, and therefore unenforceable!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #26 of 63
Well, the thing is guys, how often does a HF-1 come up for sale nowadays?
Last time I was around here (about a year ago), I know for a fact that maybe 1 or 2 came up on either eBay, here or audigon just once every month.

The only reason the price is inflated is because of not the seller, but the buyers themselves. It justifies how much the buyer is willing to dish out for some limited edition cans.

And it's not headphones alone, but things like watches and stuff that go through the same deal of process.

Jun 13, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #27 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i believed everyone deserves a shot at it, and i know there are people here who would kill for a one so yea

But you completely screwed over the people bidding on it. If someone else wants to search ebay for HF-1's, they know how.

You just did a huge shill job for the seller, you didn't help the buyers at all.

Anyone remember talk of this being a bannable offense? Man my heart goes out to those who might almost have gotten these.

Jun 13, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #28 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eBay really does make people do stupid things.

Indeed!
I've seen numerous auctions in there where the end price have been sky high. Bidding wars can be quite expensive.

Jun 13, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #29 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed!
I've seen numerous auctions in there where the end price have been sky high. Bidding wars can be quite expensive.

Yeah, and after hearing the HF-1, RS-2, and RS-1 side-by-side, it's truly bizarre to me that people are willing to spend RS-2 + money on the HF-1. As nice as it is, and limited edition or not, it just isn't on the same level as the Reference Series.

Still, #47 is unique, what with that kontai69 headband I so lovingly installed.

Jun 13, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #30 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm top bidder
smily_headphones1.gif

Why bid on something before the last 10 or 15 seconds of the auction. Your just raising your own price. People do this all the time and I just cant get my head around it. Why would you bid on something before the end of the auction knowing someone else will just counter bid and drive the price up on something YOU WANT TO BUY? Wait till the last 10 seconds and bid your max and let the dice fall where they may.

Quote:

But you completely screwed over the people bidding on it.

People screw themselves bidding on stuff with three days to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back