hey
Apr 7, 2004 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

meech

500+ Head-Fier
I think 'Sound by Singer' on 16th street has the full line of GRADOs.

Apr 7, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 9
Well I seriously doubt that any retail shops in this country have any right now, seeing as they were released only in Germany, and their existance was virtually denied by Grado.

Apr 7, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #5 of 9
You think? are you sure?

how is the vibe in that store? not snobby?

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:17 PM Post #6 of 9
Sound by Singer can be a little snobby, depending on who you deal with, though they are generally friendly enough. But their headphone setup is much better than many places (only Grado, though); last time I was there, they had an Arcam CD player set up, dedicated, with a Musical Fidelity X-Cans V2, and the entire current Grado line (PS-1 excluded) on a rack in the open for you to plug and play with. They also have a relatively extensive CD collection, but I always bring my own. They also stock the Grado head amp, but it was not set up last time I was there.

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #7 of 9
Harvey Electronics usually has most of them as well. The one in the 40's usually has the most. I was at the one inside ABC home and carpet last weekend (where my rear Energy speakers are being held) and they were clean out of stock though the lady there said a truck just came in and probably had them all.

And those guys are always really nice to me. I love going in there with my CD's, and 'auditioning' the Lexicon/Krell and ML's
smily_headphones1.gif

"Oh...it's you again..ok...you know where the room is"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back