Hey, look what I got!
Aug 13, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris
Nice!Let us know on your impressions. You cant even imagine the limits of this car. I have been racing for years and this baby can definitely stear.
biggrin.gif

Well, this one, I'm not sure if I mentioned has $13k in mods....which means it accelerates from 0-60 in...at least .0001 seconds. Havn't dyno'd or tracked it yet, maybe when I recover a bit o' cash! Handles AMAZING! I can take 25mph turns at 60 or so and not even worry. The ride is really stiff, due to the JIC AR2 suspension, but that just means it handles better. Clutch is ultra forgiving too, don't even have to push it in all the way to shift. And the torque.....oh MAN the torque! I can start from a stop in 3rd!!!

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by rreynol
Nice piece of machinery. If you don't mind me asking, how much?

blue book + mods has it at $37k, I got it for $17k...the rich young guy who owned just wanted to get rid of it, and I was in the right place at the right time!

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
Looks nice...but how does it sound?
rolleyes.gif

meh, ok. The bass is bloated and the highs kind of shrill...not a lot of mids to speak of either. But, for car audio, and the stock soundsystem, it ain't half bad. I can deal with it until some money starts to burn a hole in my pocket!

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Heh, I take it you survived the drive home Zemo?

And yeah, I'm with Patrick82...how does it sound?

Yup, all 11 hours of it....LONG drive...but it was FUN! Got so many looks, and so many people in 350Z, Jetta, Audi turbo, etc that want to play with me....I schooled 'em all, and I'm not even a good driver yet!

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
I get 14mpg... then again im rollin on 35" MTR's and have a stroked and supercharged V8....
icon10.gif

... did I mention its a Jeep Grand Cherokee
icon10.gif

Nice ride! ... now dont rice it out any more... looks good!

Yeah, I pulled off the front black lip, and I like how it looks a lot more now. However, it's missing the bottom of the stock lip, so I need to either drop $250 and get a new one of those, or see what a paint shop can do about painting that black lip silver to match the car.

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #37 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrawn86
I"m waiting to see what he does to the sound system.

and here's a third. how does it sound? from the looks of it though, your coffee can isn't *nearly* big enough
smily_headphones1.gif

ps. *laf* 20 mpg
tongue.gif

Haha, I'm not looking to make it sound farty! A nice deep throaty rumble is what she's got....amazing sound. The recirculating blow off valve from the MR sounds great, and the Injen turbo back exhaust gives it a good deep growl. Heh...maybe I'll try to post a sound clip or something...hmm...
icon10.gif

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemo
Yup, all 11 hours of it....LONG drive...but it was FUN! Got so many looks, and so many people in 350Z, Jetta, Audi turbo, etc that want to play with me....I schooled 'em all, and I'm not even a good driver yet!

Heh, it's a quick car i'll give you that,

but it's not the fastest thing on the road, and you might need to learn that before you hurt yourself something serious. Speed has a funny way of runnin away from you.

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopyRocks
What - no fancy stereo?

Care to share the location of the logging roads? I'll inspect them for you.
icon10.gif

Enjoy the car!

Hehe, what's your ride? Maybe we'll go out for a cruise...I've got a buddy with an STi and a sport bike that we have fun with. The logging roads are just out towards Mary's peak....just drive around, and you find 'em.

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
Heh, it's a quick car i'll give you that,

but it's not the fastest thing on the road, and you might need to learn that before you hurt yourself something serious. Speed has a funny way of runnin away from you.

yeah, I'm trying to drive pretty conservatively until I really know the car...But I can tell you I havn't come accross anything faster yet!

Aug 13, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #41 of 45
That's a very tastefully done Evo. Congrats!

I'm not normally the one that likes to do visual mods to my cars but I think the hood looks great.

The track ability of those cars is amazing and the motor is bulletproof. You're going to have lots of fun.

Drive safely!

Aug 13, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

Hehe, what's your ride? Maybe we'll go out for a cruise...I've got a buddy with an STi and a sport bike that we have fun with. The logging roads are just out towards Mary's peak....just drive around, and you find 'em.

Hehe. I was going to suggest you take it up Mary's Peak.
smily_headphones1.gif

For Portland International Raceway, BMW has a club day September 29th. I forgot the cost, but they are a bunch of really nice folks and you get to learn a bunch, depending on the person you drive with. Alfa Romeo is September 30th. I haven't been to one of their events yet.

Aug 15, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

You got a ride in my car on the way back from the restaurant at the Portland Meet in June. Does that jog your memory?

Ah, the roads around Mary's Peak. Those are fun! I bet you can take them twice as fast as I have. Luckily for us, Oregon has other fun roads to offer as well. The grin hasn't warn off yet from my drive back from the northwest coast near Astoria this evening on 47, just south of Clatskanie - 11 or so miles of mountain bliss without a car to seen. Awesome. Just awesome. It's worth the trip up and then some. A cruise sounds like fun.
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #44 of 45
Ah, now I remember! and if I remember right, you're quite the spirited driver as well! A cruise would be good fun. I've got work and whatnot, but sometime we can go have some fun!

Aug 15, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

yeah, I'm trying to drive pretty conservatively until I really know the car...But I can tell you I havn't come accross anything faster yet!

Just wait. You've had the car for, what, all of 3 days now?
tongue.gif
Your time will come.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm sure it's exciting because it's probably a heck of a lot faster than whatever you were driving prior to the EVO.
biggrin.gif

We're not trying to bring you down or anything, but the first rule of having a fast car is that there's always someone faster.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back