Hey KR, got some CDs
Jan 12, 2002 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
First batch of used Cds starting to arrive, also I have been further adding to my NWOBHM collection with Raven, Angel Witch, and Diamond Head purchases.

-SamHain "november" yea this is good stuff (very short CD!) with only a couple weak cuts, very similar to vintage Misfits material
but I think I slightly prefer Misfits so this will be my one and only Samhain purchase, like song "pony girl"

-Danzig, "1st CD" this is also very much a keeper, all tracks good
now has different sound vs misfits/samhain but Danzig distinctive voice ties it all together. A bit slower tempo, darker/deeper sound
very good.....now when are my 2 & 3 Cds going to arrive?

I must say after recently getting Merciful Fate CDs "melissa" and
"break oath" I want more NWOBHM, this stuff rocks......stripped down peddle to the metal kick ass rock. Just got 1st two Raven
Cds which have been remastered:
-rock till you drop
-wipeout
First listen they sound great, so ordered 3rd CD "all for one"

Also ordered Diamond Head "diamond nights" new early work compilation using the original mixes, it contains entire 1st CD plus rounds up other early essential tracks, this group influenced Metallica more than any other and Metallica's covers of original Diamond Head cuts
are pale imitations......

Just to round out NWOBHM collection was able to get used copy of Angel Witch 1st CD, also very influential.

Jan 27, 2002 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah I'd say these guys have some Misfits Cds somewhere which influenced their sound, especially when you look at the song titles. Need a better name for band though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back