hey headroom dudes, can I ask you guys a favor?
Jul 8, 2001 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Neruda

Banned Moderator
could you please do a frequency response graph of the CD3000? I mean, if it's not too much trouble. I'd just like to see how it compares to other headphones in that respect. thanks!

Jul 9, 2001 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 7
Right now Dany is working on on improving and verifying our measurement methods. I expect we will be remeasuring headphones sometime in the next two weeks. Once we have remeasured all the headphones we carry, we will begin to measure a limited number of other headphones.

The reasone we only want to do a limited number of headphones is that we are then going to spend about 6 months developing mesurement techniques for both headphones and amps that may better indicate audio reproduction performance. We believe that, because headphones allow you to listen intimately, we will be able to develope some tests that are now not used that may begin to bridge the gap between objective measures and subjective performance. It's an ambitious goal, but we think it's worth taking a shot at.

Once we think we've developed the best testing proceedures we can, we will then remeasure all the headphones. At that point we will be soliciting for other headphones to measure.

I expect that we'll be happy to measure the Sony cans in the first go around, in a couple of weeks.

Jul 9, 2001 at 4:02 AM Post #3 of 7
man! You headroom guys are really working for us, aren't you?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2001 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 7
How about use microphone similar to these MICROPHONE for measurements...

jas3d.jpeg

This is AACHENER KOPF dummy head stereo microphone system, developed by Head Accoustic in Germany. This picture is from one of my favorite CD's cover.

(These picture link might be usable about 1 or 2 days, after all www.eccentrix.com clusters synced it's content)

Another way to measure speakers frequency response accurately is using laser beam or Laser Vibrometer product.

Jul 16, 2001 at 6:57 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

man! You headroom guys are really working for us, aren't you?

Headroom is great. And us Headwizers/Head-fiers are probably at the top of their customers list. We must be their #1 source of cash!

Jul 16, 2001 at 2:50 PM Post #6 of 7
You are good customers, but we did about $2 million in business last year. Really most of our customenrs come from the Audiophile world where Stereophile is king. We've been advertisinge there since the bginning of the company. Also a lot of our customers come straight off the Internet, many of whome, however, get steared over here from HeadWize/Head-Fi. Thanks!

Jul 17, 2001 at 3:42 AM Post #7 of 7
Tyll, you remind me of CmdrTaco with your occasional (but atrocious) spelling mistakes
smily_headphones1.gif

(CmdrTaco is the founder of slashdot.org, a geek news site)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back