Hey Head-Fi!
Jul 13, 2013 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xEzio

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone. New user here, and I'm starting to get into audio. So bare with me, cause I am a complete newbie (No experience). 

I'm planning to purchase my first High quality headphones to use for gaming. I'm looking at the following headphones. It will be mainly for Gaming, with some music (25%) and movies (25%). From what I read around here and other forums, I will be pairing with a decent sound card for now (Gotta save up and get a better one later).

Budget: $250max.

**Will be buying it used on the site here or where they have a low price**
AKG K701, K702
AKG Q702
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Do you guys think those are good for me? I will  be looking for a attachable or external mic to use also (Would love some recommendation on a mic too!)

If you guys need anymore info, feel free to ask!

Thanks!

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #2 of 2
If you're trying to cancel out the heavy bass present in most movies and games, then any of the phones in your list will do well.

OTOH, if you're trying to optimize the listening with the genre, then you need something else.  A Beyer DT-770 might be an option, but if it were me, I'd start out with a Sony MDR-V6.  When your listening habits change and music becomes more of a goal, then you could go with something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back