Hey guys!
Nov 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

HarpWithAFeelin

New Head-Fier

Hey guys! so this has been my second thread on this site, and I was hoping if you could help me make a choice for a good headphone.

My first choice was the hd25-1 ii. I got a very positive idea from every review so I thought this would be a good choice. However, I tried this headphone in a local music store, and I didn't quite like it. It isn't comfortable, and the sound is not really for my liking, a bit too upfront and not as smooth as a bigger can.

I have also tried the HD598, and I loved that thing. only problem is, it's open back, so there will be sound leackage which I don't want, and I think it's ugly as hell.. The color I mean 

So basically I'm looking for an over-ear headphone, used at school and at home. To this point I've only been looking at the Sennheisers, but if you can present me with a better option, im all ears. Also, my budget is 150-200 euros. Also, I will be using it on my bike aswell, so a long cable won't be very useful. Oh and the cable has to be detachable, as that is the main cause for me breaking my headphones. 

Well thanks for reading guys, and happy listening :)

EDIT: Sorry, I haven't given enough information about my requirements. i DONT use an amp, but if there's a 200 euro can out there that will sound much much better amplified, I am prepared to get an amp, but not if they make my 320kbps music on my phone sound like garbage. Does that make any sense..?

I listen mostly to stuff like trance, techno minimal, deephouse, but also metal and hard rock...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back