Hey guys need some advice for earbuds
Apr 7, 2006 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

smileystevenvivi

New Head-Fier
Im looking to buy new earbuds for my sony nwe 405 mp3 player. What would be my best choice? I wanted to get those Sony ex71 earbuds but alot of people tell me they break fast. Ive been given alot of reccommendation towards the shure e2c's and e2g's, but ive never used anythung but sony for my whole life :O. Anyone have any experience with the shure earbuds? Do they have great bass?

Apr 7, 2006 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 8
cx300's are a great pick - it seems like they are one of the new favorites up here. strong bass (more than enough so you can even scale back if you want, which is far bettter than having to boost it) and really good detail.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 8
If you want to go Sony go for the 888 earbuds, havent heard the ex series (71/51) but they were compared extensively with the panasonic HJE50 which I made the mistake of buying, and those are CRAP.

If you want to go cheaper than the 888 go for the Sennheiser MX400/500, they´re pretty good. The Cx300 are also in-ear type and have had good reviews, but I tend to not believe things here much on cheap phones unless I hear them with my own ears.

Apr 7, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 8
bah i read alot of reviews on the cx 300 and it has the j design. Ive always hated that design, i prefer the y
frown.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #6 of 8
The new Creative canal phones have the "Y" cord design. I like them, especially for the price. Not quite as comfortable as the Sony canal phones (but certainly not uncomfortable), but overall better sounding. (I've never had the shredding problem with the Sony cords ... there must be some bad batches out there, plus some people seem to abuse their earphones.)

Or you can move up into the in-ear monitor class -- Etymotics, Westones, Ultimate Ears, Shures, etc.

What are your price requirements?

Apr 7, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #7 of 8
I really dont wanna spend over 50$ on a pair of earbuds. i see the shures e2g on ebay for like 50$ though
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead
The new Creative canal phones have the "Y" cord design. I like them, especially for the price. Not quite as comfortable as the Sony canal phones (but certainly not uncomfortable), but overall better sounding. (I've never had the shredding problem with the Sony cords ... there must be some bad batches out there, plus some people seem to abuse their earphones.)

Or you can move up into the in-ear monitor class -- Etymotics, Westones, Ultimate Ears, Shures, etc.

What are your price requirements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back