Hey guys I want an recommendation
Jun 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Heisenberg88

New Head-Fier
I Have saved money to buy a new headphone pair, but I´m having a hard time to decide between the Sennheiser HD 518, the HD 558 or the HD 598. Right now I have the money to buy the 518 but maybe I can wait a bit more for the 558 or even the 598 that's not a problem, but I don't want to have any repetance about what I buy. So what u guys think? If this helps I listen prog Rock like King Crimson, Frank Zappa, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, RUSH, TOOL, and Van Der Graaf Generator mostly, but sometimes I also hear some Jazz, like Bill Evans and Miles Davis, en time to time I hear pop stuff like Avril Lavigne or The Cranberries or metal like Lamb Of God. I'm looking for something balanced, not just overwhelming basses, so, what do u say? Wich of thoses (or another headphones) Are my best choice? By the way I'm using a Fiio E11 plugged to my iPhone 4S or my Lap Top. Thank you!

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 6
Hello!

None of the HD5xx series will help in your genre in my opinion although the HD558 is neutral. Since you allow open, you can try the Grados, if not, maybe save a bit more for Sennheiser Momentum which is good for all genre but master at none. If you prefer to stick with neutral, do consider the AKG K550 as well or the PSB M4U1!

Hope this helps!
Billson :D

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Hello!

None of the HD5xx series will help in your genre in my opinion although the HD558 is neutral. Since you allow open, you can try the Grados, if not, maybe save a bit more for Sennheiser Momentum which is good for all genre but master at none. If you prefer to stick with neutral, do consider the AKG K550 as well or the PSB M4U1!

Hope this helps!
Billson
biggrin.gif

^he knows what he is talking about. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 6
Hello!

Hope this helps!
Billson :D

I agree. Try the Grado SR80i. They are a love 'em or hate 'em kind of headphone. But if it turns out you love 'em, you'll be in rock Nirvana :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back