Hey guys - how can I connect a headphone amp to my audio interface?
Sep 24, 2016 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zoofiee

New Head-Fier
I'm using a Steinberg UR22 Interface :

I'm looking at replacing my M50x headphones, and thinking of going with the HD650s. However, I think I'll need more drive to power them!

I was looking at my options here in the UK for amps, and the Schiit Magni 2 seems the best option. 

How could i connect the Magni 2 in conjunction with my UR22? My UR22 doesn't have RCA outputs. Would I need to look elsewhere?

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 5
You just need a cable like this to connect to the line out.

I have some from Guitar Center, they're on Amazon UK as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HosaTech-CPR-201-Stereo-Interconnect-Cable/dp/B000068O16

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 5
  You just need a cable like this to connect to the line out.

I have some from Guitar Center, they're on Amazon UK as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HosaTech-CPR-201-Stereo-Interconnect-Cable/dp/B000068O16

Oh that simple?! Cheers dude. So I couldn't use one on these out of the 'headphone out', so then I could use the line outs for monitors in the future?

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #4 of 5
You could, you'd most likely get better quality signal from the line out though. The headphone out would have an amp in it, which you don't need when going to an external amp. It will work fine, it will just add a small amount of noise/distortion compared to the line out which doesn't have it.

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 5
  You could, you'd most likely get better quality signal from the line out though. The headphone out would have an amp in it, which you don't need when going to an external amp. It will work fine, it will just add a small amount of noise/distortion compared to the line out which doesn't have it.

Ah ok, thanks! I'm guessing you can get audio interfaces with more than 2 line outs for if I want to use monitor speakers in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back