hey guys fall means my favorite time, depression
Jan 13, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #61 of 71
I'll bet it's partly due to how our weather is screwing with us. A foot of snow. Then fog, then unseasonably warm so all the snow melts, then rain and thunderstorms. Now snow again, soon to be single digit temps.

I'm doing ok. Still pretty miserable in the job department but ok so long as I don't dwell on it.

Jan 13, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #63 of 71
LOL Not in Chicago it ain't. Or it's a very large corner. Though yesterday's 60 degrees felt almost springlike.

Makes me miss southern New Mexico - at this time of year, spring really WAS right around the corner. February brought blooming trees, lots of sun, and temps in the 70s (sometimes an 80 if you were lucky).

Jan 13, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #65 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
I guess I will contribute to this thread....

About to break up with g/f is depressing too.

My CD collection seems to be the scrapbook of my life. Anyone else seem to give women/men a song or entire album after a breakup/roughspot, that they can't listen to without having to just stop what they're doing and just "breath"?

Jan 13, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #66 of 71
Hey bhd812 I know how you feel, I have had seasonal affective disorder aka SAD ( haha ) for about 8-9 years now, I`m sorry but I have`t read through the entire post (dont have time).

If not mentioned already you should try one of those lightboxes that they sell now adays and use it for like 1 hour in the fall\winter.
I have one and even though I still notice it there is an improvement.

My life have probalby been a little "different" then alot of other people my age since I also (probably) have social anciety.

The way I feel it is that it is of course not only the fact that I get to tired in the winter and have to sleep more then usually but the SAD is a trigger to alot of other issues, issues that come up in your mind when your alone thinking.

I think it is great that you`re going to a psy...I have to0 for about a 1 1\2 year and it helped me alot, and the people around you probably notice if\how\when you change for the better...I feel it is hard to notice on myself at least.

I have to go now, but pm anyway if there is something.....

(sorry for the quick messy post :p )

Jan 14, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #67 of 71
I realize this will piss many of you off, but from a health care professional, go see your doctor. S/he knows tons more than anyone else on this forum, and a frank discussion with your doctor is the best step you can do.

Jan 14, 2005 at 12:47 PM Post #68 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
I realize this will piss many of you off, but from a health care professional, go see your doctor. S/he knows tons more than anyone else on this forum, and a frank discussion with your doctor is the best step you can do.

Of course it will and I don`t think it would piss any of us off when you point that out.
Seeing a psychologist or\and a doctor would be a good thing to do for sure.

Jan 14, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #71 of 71
40Mg of Citalopram a day dulls the ache for me...
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back