Hey Guys! Can you help me to choose headphones?
Aug 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vic3d95

New Head-Fier
Ok here's the dilemma.
I got 200 $ to buy new headphones (previously I had Beats Solo). I really don't know what to get. I don't really need high bass. But clarity of the sound is the main point
I want On-ear type. So the best what I found is Sennheiser MOMENTUM( ON-ear ).
What to do you think I should get?

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 3
If you want something clear (and I'm guessing that doesn't need an amp), look at Sennheiser HD598 and Grados. These are all open though. I'm sure there good closed options out there too, but none come to mind immediately. Maybe the new Monster headphones? Check out the buying guides. Momentum's look decent enough, but aren't they way more than $200?

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 3
Are you after closed headphones or open.

On the closed front for on ear models the V Moda M80 is a fantastic headphone, it is currently $200 on V Moda's website. They are probably the most impressive on ear model that I've heard in the price range. They are far superior to the beats and are very durable compact and come with a great long warranty and case. You can make your own faceplate designs if you wish as well. They are more comfortable than many other on ears and have bass that is tight and not bloated like the beats have. Nice detail level and smooth mids. Polite and slightly weak treble however.

They are easy to power and could run from an ipod/mp3 player.

All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back