Hey everyone (introduction)
Oct 18, 2004 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JimmyDean

Head-Fier
Hey. Im JimmyDean, and Im just getting into the world of headphones. I have Grado SR-60s, modded by myself. Here are some pictures of my stuff.
mini-PA200001.jpg

here is my cd player. Its a pioneer PD-6030. I run it into an early 70s electro voice valve stereo control amplifier. I use this as my headphone amp.

mini-PA250007.jpg

Here are my headphones and my Ipod. It's a 4th gen 20gb, and I got it off of freeipods.com. Hopefully a Cmoy will be along with it soon.

mini-PA250006.jpg

This shows a mod ive done. I took out the Grado plastic grill, and super glued in some speaker fabric. I dont think it does anything to the sound, but it looks better i think.

mini-PA250011.jpg

My pads. They are grado comfies, with a hole cut big enuf to fit on backwards. I then took some foam that was packed with a video card and cut circles and put it inside. This helps with a little bit of the treble bite that comes with the big hole. I also have foam inside the frames of the headphones, the same foam that is on the outside. This definitely helps with sloppy bass, and IMO makes the clarity a little more controlled at higher volumes.

I hope to get some Alessandro MS-2s soon, or maybe some good sennheisers (im not sure though, i really dig the grado sound)

Oct 18, 2004 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 10
welcome to head-fi, nice mods!

Oct 18, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 10
pretty intense mods. good plan on the ms2's. if you like the sr-60's you will be blown away by the alessandros (assuming they are as good or better than sr-325;s). good luck and as was said, sorry about your wallet.

Oct 19, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 10
Gee, and here I thought you only knew sausages! Welcome, and nice mods. You should fit in just fine here. And hey, the sausages have always been pretty good too!
biggrin.gif

JC

Oct 19, 2004 at 12:25 PM Post #7 of 10
Welcome JimmyDean. I made similar mods to my 325's to deal with treble brightness and sloppy bass--polyester pillow filling inside the enclosures and unmodified comfies (they come with bowls). It works--I like the sound a lot better.

Again, welcome and hope you enjoy it here.

Oct 19, 2004 at 2:13 PM Post #10 of 10
Well when I got these headphones, they had no cables, thats why I got the cans real cheap. The jack a (!)$3.99 radio shack gold plated one, the wire is black 4 conductor wire, and the grey is 2 conductor shielded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back