Hey Everybody Im Buying Headphones
Dec 22, 2011 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HeyImNew1

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody!!! Im sorry in advance for my english, im not from United States or something..
So im interested in buying new headphones. Im not an audiophile or something like that, I just want music for fun.I owned Sennheiser hd 448 and was realy upset with them, so now I want something better. So here are my needs for the headphones (if something is not right just tell me and ill fix it, im new in here :)).So here I go:
My budget stands for150$- 160$ more or less(plz not so much more xD). I listen to all type of music, with a little emphsyze on Rap, Rock and Hip-Hop. Ive been listening to the Beats by dre studios and Im aware of their bad price- value , so im not so into them. But one thing I do need is Bass. I realy like good bass that sounds good and I actually like the bass in the Studio's.
I also need them to play at a high volume( im going to play these on my IPOD TOUCH 2G, and my PC if it matters), one thing that the hd448 made me disappointed is the very low volume they reach, so I need a high volume ability. I also like to mention that I wont use any amps or something like that, and I'm not going to buy any. I want them to be closed headphones, and sound isolating is realy matter to me because i'm going to use them everywhere (on my pc, in the streets, bus , schhol etc..).Therfore, I also want them to look pretty good.
So far, ive been intersted in the ATH M-50 headphones but I have heard that they pretty much naturel and although they closed, they will be good for recordings and mixers, which I dont use and I dont need! Is that true?
I forgot to mention that I realy need them to be portable.
I want to emphasize the fact that im only going to use the headphones for fun,(im not planning on recording or mixing or stuff),just to enjoy good music with high quality.
So if anyone has some suggestion I would be more than pleased.
Thanks in advance for all helpers(much apprictiation to all of you guys)!

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 8
With your price range and if you want good bass, look for HfI580 and Hfi780.

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #3 of 8
HFI-580, HFI-780 or ATH-M50 I think. All have great basses, which one that is best I don't know. I think you should listen to the guy above, since he has actually owned all three of them 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 8
As i usually say, i don't really like M50 (but it was a gift from my wife,lol). For my taste, Hfi580 and 780 are much better. Hfi580 has more bass, more punchy, where 780 is more detailed, refined with better mids. But if you are very sensitive to treble, 580/780 can be, sometimes aggresive. Both are relatively comfortable, have great isolation and a good soundstage for closed headphones (780 has also a better soundstage than 580).

SRH840 is also a very good choice imo, more neutral/flat, less bass, less treble but very pleasant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back