Hey, Crash Test Dummies fans...
Oct 27, 2001 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

beowulf

Headphoneus Supremus
...God Shuffled is Feet is probably one of my favourite top 5 CDs (I have about hmmm... 900 CDs) when it comes to sound quality with headphones.

I just love it, the detail and separation of instruments, and the way it is so... spatial, so 3D and full.. the soundstage is incredible with the MDR-CD3000 (and any other decent headphones I guess).

So I'm wondering... are the other Dummies recordings that impressive?

I only have "The Ghosts that Haunt me" besides "God..." and that album has really mediocre sound engineering, it isn't impressive at all. Not being really a Dummies fan, I'll definitely buy other of their albuns if the sound is as good....

What can you guys say about this? Are the other albuns as good?

Yes, I know, I know, music should come first, but sometimes you get hooked just because of the detail. (I call this the "Dave Matthews Band syndrome" - Bands I hate, but have excellent recordings).

Oct 27, 2001 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 4
"A Worm's Life " is comparable sonically, but not musically. A so-so effort. "Give Yourself a Hand" is ten times better than "God" in terms of sound quality, but is a 180 degree departure from the style of "God". For me, some of the tracks really work, while others are a little embarrassing.

They have a new album which is really just a Brad solo record that they forced him to put the Dummies name on. It's supposed to be his best effort since "God", but I don't have it yet.

markl

Oct 27, 2001 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 4
Interesting. 10 times better? Wow. That would pretty much blow up my scale.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I will buy "Give Yourself a Hand". Let us know if you do get that new album.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2001 at 3:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Well, the crappily recorded Everyday should fix your DMB syndrome. Even as a huge DMB fan, that CD made me boycott them for six months (horrible musically and sound wise IMO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back