Hey Blitzula re:the CDX/Grado
Sep 25, 2005 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

kuma

Headphoneus Supremus
For the first time, i've tried the CDX via Alesandro Pro/Headline2 via Nait 3R.

It's only a bare CDX, but this is just excellent!
icon10.gif

cdx2.jpg

Sep 28, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Sweet! Glad to see you're enjoying it. Wasn't a bare CDX a downgrade for you?

Well, it is from an LP12.
icon10.gif

I hardly liseten to CDs any longer.

I've listened to this CDX many times before but never with the Grado. ( been using the Alesandro Pro )
It just reconfirmed that a CDX is still a lovely player. Obviously, if I add the XPS, it would be even better.
Hope you are still enjoying it.

Sep 28, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 31
I enjoy the CDX/XPS, but I really don't think Hi-Fi is for me. It seems like this combo is pretty far on the emotion/fun/prat side for Hi-Fi, but I still enjoy my stock CD player in my '96 Lexus the best. I'll probably end up selling the combo, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Definitely though, the XPS is mandatory (if affordable) with the CDX. The CDX sounds good by itself, but the XPS kicks it up a big level.

Sep 30, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmer
Kuma-
Are those a couple of Hi-Caps on the lower shelves? Didn't know that they had the green lites on the dials.....

Zimmer,

Yeah. They are Hi-Caps powering the Stageline and Nait 3R.
Earlier Chrome Bumper Hi Caps came with red LEDs.

I had them serviced and NANA installed the green LEDs.

Sep 30, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #7 of 31
WOw you're the second person i've seen with all Naim setup now. It's definatly a very fine system indeed. With the cdplayer are you considering the dedicated psu as well? It made a world of difference on a the other guy's CD5x.

Sep 30, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz
With the cdplayer are you considering the dedicated psu as well? It made a world of difference on a the other guy's CD5x.

Garbz,

Actually, the very CDX doesn't belong to me. I borrowed it for a weekend from a friend. This rig really is for a record player and still evolving. Normally, my valve phono occupies the shelf space the CDX is sitting on.
If I were to get a Naim player in here, I'd probably get a CDS2. But I'm not any kinda hurry, cuz, they get very little use.

A power supply.. . it can transform a already a good kit to a great one!

Oct 1, 2005 at 7:03 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuma
Or some say if speakers are removed.
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

Sure! I once knew a person who wouldn't allow a telephone in the same room as his system - couldn't allow another set of speakers in the room y'know
rolleyes.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmer
Sure! I once knew a person who wouldn't allow a telephone in the same room as his system - couldn't allow another set of speakers in the room y'know
rolleyes.gif

I see you've been hanging out with Naimies.
What does your friend think of ferrous racks?
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuma
I see you've been hanging out with Naimies.
What does your friend think of ferrous racks?
tongue.gif

He used to use Sound Organization but I believe he has switched to Naim Fraim when he did his big upgrade but I haven't had much contact with him lately. If Mana had a foot in the door at ProMusica he might have had that option... (at least in the past he seldom deviated from their advice and I must admit every variation of system he developed with them sounded first rate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back