hexacopter, wow.. ("toy" if you can call it that)
Feb 21, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #31 of 57
I love the sound it makes. It's like a badass swarm of 1000 angry bees.

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #32 of 57
Great, just great - another eye in the sky.
ph34r.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #34 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at least you can hear this one coming!

audio cloaking device won't be out for quite a while, so relax...

wink.gif

I'm relaxed, don't have a webcam, but for those who do, keep them covered when you're not using them. Seriously.

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #35 of 57
i love the way the computer almost free falls when descending, then blasts the engines to counteract gravity. chancy maneuver. maybe it's the guy controlling it....

i want to see one of those things in person so i'm not distracted by aliasing the whole time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #36 of 57
That sound is terrifying, still, very cool.

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by etiolate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i want to see one of those things in person so i'm not distracted by aliasing the whole time.
smily_headphones1.gif

hahaha so true

Feb 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #39 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how many killstreaks for hexacopter ?

You get it after 10th Prestige. lol.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #41 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see this being a light weapons platform if it can carry a reasonable payload.

Where do you think the idea came from?

Imagine this mached up to military size for some serious lift or a huge unmanned platform.

Feb 22, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #44 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you think the idea came from?

Imagine this mached up to military size for some serious lift or a huge unmanned platform.

A larger model with a set of video cameras could be extraordinarily effective for covert surveillance. It seems to be extremely stable, maneuverable, and--relative to other drone models--inexpensive to manufacture. An assembly line that ground out thousands of these at around $500 a pop would make them almost disposable by military standards.

What I can't figure out is why it hasn't snapped-up by and occulted by a shadowy investment cartel--all the sites that had previewed it shut-down or blanketed with statements from the inventor that the design ultimately proved to be unworkable. Then three years and $50 million later, somewhere in southwestern Pakistan, near the North Korean border, or in the jungles of Columbia, combatants begin to hear the maniacal drone of high-powered bees. . . .

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #45 of 57
Cool. Anyone puzzle out the power source? I've had several of those foam copters with similar blades that run on batteries, and they last 15 minutes at best...more like 4-5 minutes under heavy throttle. And under the dome is mostly electronics, not batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back