Hesitating between FiiO F9 Pro and Final E4000 headphones
Mar 9, 2019 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RSW576

New Head-Fier
Hi :) So far, I’ve only owned cheap headphones except a pair of Sennheiser HD 569, which I like, but I find big headphones uncomfortable to wear after a while and I would like something small and easy to carry. That’s why I’m looking for new in-ear headphones. After having a look at what is available currently and reading some reviews, I’m hesitating between the FiiO F9 Pro and Final E4000.

I intend to use the new headphones with my laptop most of the time, and possibly start using them with my Android phone too. Of course, I thought that the integrated audio of my laptop probably isn’t great. My laptop is a Lenovo T450s (four years old). The Sennheiser headphones don’t sound bad to me on it, at least, there is not much background noise, and I found someone [here : https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/5q0rg3/headphone_jack_out_quality/dcvr3d9] saying that the integrated audio of that laptop performed close to their FiiO E10K DAC. I don’t have an external DAC or anything similar yet, and I don’t have much knowledge about them, but this is something I could consider in the near future too. I would probably need something that works plug-and-play without specific drivers though, because I use Linux on the laptop.

As for what I will be listening to : in music, pop music and more rarely jazz or classical. I also listen a lot to "informational" videos (tutorials, reviews and the like) on YouTube, as well as to ASMR and meditation music, sometimes with binaural beats. I only listen at low volumes.

Unfortunately, I can’t try the headphones before buying (I had a look at a couple of audio stores and they don’t have those headphones, so I will just order them online).

What makes me hesitate is :

– The E4000 seem a notch above the F9 Pro in terms of general audio quality, right ? But what worries me is that reviews say that have a large quantity of bass, and I’m afraid that might be too much. Otherwise they seem perfect for me, and I quite like the design of the E4000. I don’t really need a cable with a microphone, but anyway the cable is replaceable.

– about the FiiO F9 Pro : The bass quantity is reasonable and they seem like a good choice too, with more accessories provided than with the E4000, but I have never had headphones with which you have to curl the cable around and behind your ear and that doesn’t seem very convenient. I tend to remove and insert my headphones often, so I want to be able to do so quickly. I also wear glasses, which might interfere with the cables on top of my ears. Currently, they are also more expensive than the Final E4000 ; the price of the F9 Pro actually increased since I began looking for headphones. They were a bit cheaper than the E4000 before, but not by much (I compared prices at several online stores)

Would you have a recommendation ? Thank you

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Personally I preferred FiiO F9 Pro. It sounds more neutral. The slightly darker sound signature also allowed longer listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back