Here's my setup.. Please comment and rate!
Nov 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TommyNavara

100+ Head-Fier
Ok after some research and answers from some users that i want to thank like kitaki and DanBra and others,
i've come up with the new setup:

1_Galaxy S2 with poweramp or voodoo hack >> FiiO e7 amp >> AKG K450
2_Laptop or DeskPC >> FiiO e7 dac >> AKG K450

I'll buy the E7 and the headphones for a total of approx 120EUR.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks to all

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 6
Too Bad, i'll use poweramp then...
as far as i know, for some ppl it is a viable solution.

Atm i cannnot change my phone so i hope that the FiiO wil help even if it receives a already converted signal.

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #5 of 6
Poweramp is not really a substitute for Voodoo.  It's a software media player that offers better EQ options than the native android media player, whereas voodoo is a hardware-level hack that unlocks features of the Wolfson DAC chip present in some players to improve SQ. 

Poweramp is great if you're stuck with a GSII, but all it really does is upgrade the SQ from "horrific" to "bad".  You'll still wish your music sounded better. 

I guess if you carry around your E7 it's a moot point because you'll be bypassing the GSII's internal DAC in favor of the external DAC, so you should make sure that works.  Not all external DACs can get a usb audio signal from every device. 

Also, since you mention Euros, be careful when you do research about US vs EU variants of phones.  For example, the international GSIII got a Wolfson chip, whereas the US version didn't. 

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Poweramp is not really a substitute for Voodoo.  It's a software media player that offers better EQ options than the native android media player, whereas voodoo is a hardware-level hack that unlocks features of the Wolfson DAC chip present in some players to improve SQ. 

Poweramp is great if you're stuck with a GSII, but all it really does is upgrade the SQ from "horrific" to "bad".  You'll still wish your music sounded better. 

I guess if you carry around your E7 it's a moot point because you'll be bypassing the GSII's internal DAC in favor of the external DAC, so you should make sure that works.  Not all external DACs can get a usb audio signal from every device. 

Also, since you mention Euros, be careful when you do research about US vs EU variants of phones.  For example, the international GSIII got a Wolfson chip, whereas the US version didn't. 

From my previous post:
i hope that the FiiO will help even if it receives an already converted signal.
My device is not able to output a digital signal at the moment.. i will mess around with this when jelly bean comes out for my phone..
Now i will use the amp only. And i hope that i'll get some better sound out of this. Not perfect but better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back