Here's a "professional" review of the Koss KSC-50's!
Dec 21, 2001 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 21
The are great headphones for the money. However, I would recommend joggers and other active people acoid this headphone for such activities. A much better bet would be the KSC-35s that Headroom still has. It's a few dollars more but the fit is supposed to be *much* better than the KSC-50.

Dec 21, 2001 at 10:09 AM Post #3 of 21
Agree with everything except one -- the KSC-35 are better
wink.gif

See the comparative review in the "Featured Full Reviews of Headphones" forum for details.

Dec 21, 2001 at 10:16 AM Post #4 of 21
Your evil robot should have on some KSC-35s, MacDef.

Dec 21, 2001 at 1:20 PM Post #6 of 21
I ordered a pair of KSC-50's and -55's yesterday for just under $15 each. I figured for the price it was worth a shot. Maybe I'll find them a little more comfortable than my KSC-35's. I like the 35's, but occasionally they will cause some disomfort where they clip onto my ears. Truly amazing what Koss can do for under $30 (especially compared to all of the other crap out there in that price range).

-Keith

Dec 21, 2001 at 10:58 PM Post #9 of 21
Someone should email the chap and tell him the earpads are NOT glued on, only secured on by a ring of tiny spikes...just lift the edge of the pad off those spikes and it'll come off. Pads can easily be replaced by the Radio Shack variant.

BTW, if the 35 owners here haven't tried the Croakies mod, they really should try it. It essentially turns the 35s into a more Streetstyle looking pair of headphones, and increases their comfort tremendously as you no longer have hard plastic digging into the ears, but cloth. I used to never be able to wear my 35s for more than an hour before feeling the plastic dig in, but now I could wear them forever. They look really cool too.
biggrin.gif

I recently bought the 55s from Headroom...way too tight, these things basically have to use your temple as a clamp on point for hard plastic. Not very pretty. And what was Koss thinking, not using any sort of soft rubber at all around the earhook area.
rolleyes.gif
It doesn't help either that the 35s still sound better than them.

Dec 21, 2001 at 11:01 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
BTW, if the 35 owners here haven't tried the Croakies mod, they really should try it.
biggrin.gif

How does this mod go, Vert? Are their instructions somewhere?
confused.gif

Dec 21, 2001 at 11:18 PM Post #13 of 21
RickG, right here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...light=croakies

The pics are down, but basically you just take a pair of croakies, and slip it over the clips like you would slip it onto a pair of glasses.

The other mod is to get a pair of Radio Shack pads and cut a hole in the center to get a bit more highs.

Dec 21, 2001 at 11:49 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Xevion
Someone has dyslexia.

KCS-50s
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, what do you expect for $20 USD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back