Here we go, at least $5000 since joining but no impresisons..
Apr 4, 2006 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sango

100+ Head-Fier
Well, i dunno where to start but i did know that headphones would became my path to some kind of "wallet-destruction" when i first bought my pair of RS-1 b/c i really liked the sound of my new SR-60. Oh, before i start maybe i should say that nothing, and i mean nothing has been listened to before i bought it. By that time i bouhgt the RS-1 i thought to myself "i'm never gonna spend anymore on a pair of headphones in my life", well you prolly know what happend to that promise. The time went on and about a year later, fall -05, i saw a pair of K1000 and of course i bought 'em, and then i was lost, the Stax Signature system arrived and also the nOrh SE9 for amping the K1000 the MF X-can V3 for the RS-1 came and later the Stax 001 system and then we have the AT W1000. The E3c came along with the iAudio U2. I'm currently waiting for the PA2V2, Flat pads from todd and a Cardas custom from moon-audio. And when you read this i ordered the iriver IHP-120. I think a Behringer DEQ2496 came along with all this stuff too. Also a combined DVDA/SACD source. In the middle of all this i thought that i needed a homecinema system with a projector, but that i'll leave for another forum.
biggrin.gif

The thing a have became to understand after this crazy buying-.. thing is that every headphone over like $200 sound extremely good it's hard to say that the other sound better or that sound better, it all ends up to the taste. I bought the W1000 for example and it sounds, with a good DAP and amp extremely good with no rolloff or thin bass at all. I think it depends much on hte source and amp. But hey, thats my thought and taste.
tongue.gif

I just thought i could share how my buying desiese and the pain in my wallet. I've spent a bit over $5000 since i found this forum 6? months ago so fekk this forum and curse you all!
k1000smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
lambda.gif

It's kinda fun tho
blink.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 7
ouchh!

But at least you're having fun!
very_evil_smiley.gif

srry bout the wallet'

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #5 of 7
OMG really sorry bout the wallet... It probably runs away whenever you get near the computer at this point.
eek.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #6 of 7
Wow - you've taken Head-fi to heart! In the audiophile dictionary there should be a picture of you next to "Authentic Head-fi.org Member" maybe with animation - dollars flying from your wallet or pocket and bass bliss over the top of your head.

Cheers.

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 7
My only advice to you is to keep up the buying, not that you'd stop if I told you to
very_evil_smiley.gif
!? $5k in 5 months on headphones is quite impressive. Have fun and take care not end up broke...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back