Here I go.
Jan 3, 2002 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

ai0tron

Banned
Well, I am driving to Massachussetts later tonight. Its going to be a 15-20 hour drive depending on conditions. You all ask what am I doing going there just a few days before classes?? Ah, it's that fickle thing called love which draws me up there. I'm either coming back a new man or a broken man. It's that all important fork in the road, the funny thing is, that no matter which way I end up going this time, I have a feeling the roads merge back together in the future. Perhaps no matter what I do the end result is the same? Ah well, it doesn't really matter how things end, does it?

Jan 3, 2002 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 15
Good luck, whichever fork you take, and remember two things...

Drive Safely, and...

Whichever way things end up, you'll still have your rig, and we'll still be here
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 15
No kidding, that's a long drive! Longest I ever drove solo was roughly 15 straight hours from Raleigh to St. Louis this past July for a friend's wedding. I was SO glad to get home after that little trek. Oh, and good luck on your trip ai0tron, whatever may happen.

Jan 4, 2002 at 1:21 AM Post #6 of 15
Yeah this New England weather is really crazy... It's as if the seasons are shifting or something... It snowed about two times here for 10 or so minutes in the past month, nothing stuck to the ground.... Eh, I don't mind, no shoveling of the snow
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2002 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 15
Well I made it back. I don't know how things went really, I guess it went as best as could be expected considering the circumstances of our relationship. It was nice to see her again if only for a few hours, and we did get along. I was able to express my feelings to her in person and she says she understands so hopefully the future will be good to us. I found out a few disturbing things though... ouch. Although it doesn't matter to me I just don't get angry at this girl for anything. Which might be part of our problem. All in all im glad I went though.

OH yes: It took 26 hours to get there thanks to ICY conditions... I stopped for 3 - 1 hour naps.

The trip back took 19 hours because I got off I95 and went into New jersey somewhere and had to back track to get back on course. I had 2 naps on this trip, one for an hour somewhere in jersey, then I stopped for one brief interlude with sleep near Richmond. I think I could have made it in 17 had I not made that one navigational mistake... I made the mistake because when I woke up from my 1st nap I was not fully alert and missed the sign.

Jan 6, 2002 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 15
"There is no prescription for a broken heart."

It's called Paxil, dude.
wink.gif

Hang in there, it does get better.

Jan 6, 2002 at 11:20 PM Post #9 of 15
I dont understand people who take prescription drugs for their pain. For me the pain of love is just as special and interesting as the joy of love... Although I admit it's nearly impossible to think that way right after you have just been rejected by the woman of your dreams. I am really thankfull that there is something in the world that I really care about which requires me to look deep inside myself in order to deal with it. Numbing myself is denying my soul it's right to experience a real emotion, even if it is uncomfortable.

Jan 6, 2002 at 11:57 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
I dont understand people who take prescription drugs for their pain. For me the pain of love is just as special and interesting as the joy of love... Although I admit it's nearly impossible to think that way right after you have just been rejected by the woman of your dreams. I am really thankfull that there is something in the world that I really care about which requires me to look deep inside myself in order to deal with it. Numbing myself is denying my soul it's right to experience a real emotion, even if it is uncomfortable.

Dude, I was kidding. Though I *am* on Paxil I don't take it to "numb" anything. Quite simply put I'm suicidal if I don't take it.

Jan 7, 2002 at 12:04 AM Post #11 of 15
I remember my first rejection, after a fairly long-term relationship. Sometimes being togethor for ever is something only 1 partner wants. It took me years to accept that. Well, that's my sob-story (not that I'm implying yours is a sob-story.)
frown.gif

Jan 7, 2002 at 1:08 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by TerriblySorry
I remember my first rejection, after a fairly long-term relationship. Sometimes being togethor for ever is something only 1 partner wants. It took me years to accept that. Well, that's my sob-story (not that I'm implying yours is a sob-story.)
frown.gif

Doing the rejection isn't funny either... The entire situation causes both parties way to much pain to make sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back