here comes another...
Apr 1, 2005 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

november_break

New Head-Fier
you guys rock!

alright, awaiting my iriver h320 - expected mon...

I listen to rap and pop mostly with an increasing appreciation developing for good trance and psychedelic. Coolio RMX by infected mushroom is a good representation of my taste.

I am looking for headphones - under $70 - no leakage of noise is a preference but not a priority. I am not much into thumping bass but I do like a good balance between bass and treble - and I have no clues what mids and highs are...One thing I dislike about headphones (generic term to include everything) is shrillness at high volume. Portability isn't the biggest factor but it would be nice...The most important thing is the sound...

I have heard the Portapros and Grado 60s are good (unanimous)....just how good? Varied opinions on px100, px200s an lots of people also seem to like Sony...

I have two requests -

Recommend me two headphones - I will buy one but I need to decide between style, portability, sound and if earbuds or canals can combine these, it would be awesome!

awaiting....

thanks!

Apr 1, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 4
What kind of environments are you going to be using these? Are they for home use only, or would you like them to be portable? Generally the best sound comes from fullsized headphones, but they are not useful if you need to use them outside or on the go.

And welcome to head-fi. sorry about your wallet.
You'll probably have $200 headphones in a month
280smile.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #3 of 4
yea why stop @ $200
wink.gif

One question - I have heard nice reviews about e2c - they match my style being a college student and are in-ear which is nice and small and suitable for walking on campus
tongue.gif

are they leaky? can you receommend me some non-leaky headphones (or in-ear phones whatever
smily_headphones1.gif
)

what about the e3c and e5c?

thank you!

Apr 2, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 4
I love my E2c's, and highly recommend them. They're the best you can do for portable headphones under 70 bucks. E3c's don't sound like they're worth twice the price of the E2c's from what I've read on here. E4c's might be worth it when they come down in price though.

E2c's are definately not leaky. No one else will be able to hear what your'e listening too if you get them in your ears right and get a good seal.

I would defininitely recommend ordering some ultra-soft flex sleeves for them though. Since you just missed out on the group buy, you'll have to order them on Shure's website. They're my favorite sleeves for them. They're not really uncomfortable like the clear flex sleeves, but you don't have to spend tons of money replacing them every couple weeks like the foamies. They're kind of a combination of the best of both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back