Here a X-Meridian properly modded
May 20, 2007 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pompon

500+ Head-Fier
I got chance to compared my XM with another one modded.

Original X-Meridian with LM4562
IMG_1385.jpg

Moddem X-Meridian with LM4562, DC Decoupling, Blackgate
IMG_1383.jpg

Explanations to the mods
IMG_1378b.jpg

See those blackgate closely
IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

Using BeyerDynamics DT990 250 ohms directly on the cards, with the mods, result is better bass definition and extention, less square highs (smoother and less agressived). Mid seem fuller too ... but need another audition to tell more than that. We don't had enough time to do deeper tests.

May 20, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 3
That is what I was talking about in another thread and to a couple guys in here. There is no sense changing the main power cap on the X-Meridian unless your gonna change these aswell. Very nice job. I think the same with the X-fi modding. You need to change the main power cap and THEN the individual caps on the Opamps. THe main idea was about giving the opamps more power hoefully providing better bas and dynamics. BUT if you change the main power cap and NOT the cap son the OPamps the power ersearve for the opamp is still being controller by the power caps on the opamps. Atleast this is how I understand it. I would love to change them all on my card. I think it may need a extra PCB given the size of the blackgates thx for the pics.

May 30, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is what I was talking about in another thread and to a couple guys in here. There is no sense changing the main power cap on the X-Meridian unless your gonna change these aswell. Very nice job. I think the same with the X-fi modding. You need to change the main power cap and THEN the individual caps on the Opamps. THe main idea was about giving the opamps more power hoefully providing better bas and dynamics. BUT if you change the main power cap and NOT the cap son the OPamps the power ersearve for the opamp is still being controller by the power caps on the opamps. Atleast this is how I understand it. I would love to change them all on my card. I think it may need a extra PCB given the size of the blackgates thx for the pics.

the individual caps on the Opamps for the x-fi, do u happen to know which ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back