Hep! What tips to use with Im716?
Mar 23, 2007 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ttnl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I just got a Im716 but don't know what tips to use with them. Tri-flange never works for me. I have tried short comply tips but those are really difficult to fit on the iem, and even when I can put them on, the sound is bad, tinny. Please suggest some other tips that work with Im716. Thanks.

Mar 23, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 9
Try using the regular stock foamies that came with it. Otherwise, try making your own DIY foamies.

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 9
Mar 24, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been wanting to get some of these for a while now because I find my im716s to be so very uncomfortable. I'm not sure what size tips to get though.

I went with the mediums which are aprox. the same size as the included foamies which come included with the IEMs... Although, I do wish I also bought a 10 pk. of smalls at the same time, as my right ear is a bit smaller in I.D. and at those prices it's a score, IMO ;-}

Mar 24, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 9
how about the shure's new black foam? Are they any good? Oh, and about the comfort factor, if I use those shure sleeve, do the Im716s get any more comfortable? Right now I am trying short comply and it hurts my ear so bad.

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttnl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about the shure's new black foam? Are they any good? Oh, and about the comfort factor, if I use those shure sleeve, do the Im716s get any more comfortable? Right now I am trying short comply and it hurts my ear so bad.

There is probably no thing in this hobby of a more personal preferance than which tip for our IEMs will be most comfortable due to our ear canals being so very different IMO. In my case and others left & right being different sized even. This is why for the "customs" and the $$$ they command for both an excellent seal & of course comfort. Trial & try again I'm afraid is the method. Although, alot of folks (myself) do swear by these soft flex as a god send ; again my advice would be to try them.... I love 'em ;-}

Good luck!

Mar 24, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #9 of 9
I love how easy it is to work with the soft flex (I got the small ones and they're perfect) but the seal probably isn't as good as the black foams. I know I'll be trying them out later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back