Helpppppp.......I think I just bricked my Zune
Jan 8, 2009 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

forbigger

100+ Head-Fier
I have 30gb 1st gen Zune. In the midst of firmware update the cables got yanked off. I repeat the whole process again but when the desktop software update the firmware, right after that, it shows that I only have 150mb something left ? I try to hard rest few times but did not work, the same error message keep occuring.......

The error message is : READ ERROR : The Zune Software can't access important date on your Zune. Try disconnecting and connecting it. If problems persists please contact customer service.

Can anybody help on how to totally reformat it and regain the original space? Or I've just bricked my Zune? Any help would be appreciated........

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 7
Don't try this unless more knowledgeable people confirm, but I had a similar issue with my ipod and the solution was to bang it around (I'm assuming to dislodge the hard drive arm)... seriously... after some hits on the table the hard drive started spinning and its been working ever since.

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 7
yup, after what robm321 said, it prolly is a hardrive problem, but, i dont recommend u hitting ur zune around like what he did with his ipod. i mean come on, smashing something to make it better?

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by forbigger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 30gb 1st gen Zune. In the midst of firmware update the cables got yanked off. I repeat the whole process again but when the desktop software update the firmware, right after that, it shows that I only have 150mb something left ? I try to hard rest few times but did not work, the same error message keep occuring.......

The error message is : READ ERROR : The Zune Software can't access important date on your Zune. Try disconnecting and connecting it. If problems persists please contact customer service.

Can anybody help on how to totally reformat it and regain the original space? Or I've just bricked my Zune? Any help would be appreciated........

Erase and restore the device firmware manually
How to restore your Zune device software

then proceed to this if you still keep getting errors:
You cannot update the software on a Zune device

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #7 of 7
Solved......thank you everyone. What I did is simple. Uninstalling and reinstalling and follow the 2nd link on the post above this - You cannot update the software on a Zune Device.

Once again, thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back