Helping find wire sleeving
Jul 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

scope1992

New Head-Fier
I'm planing on making my own 3.5mm audio cable and I'm looking for a certain sleeving. I'm using a Canare L-4E5C mini star-quad and the manufacturer states that the diameter is about 0.189 inches (4.80mm). I either go for the 3/16" or 1/4" in this case. But here's the thing: I want the sleeving to be see through/ transparent or whatever. Or at least when I put it on I would be able to see the Canare cable. So chances are I'm looking for a 3/16", which is slightly smaller than the cable itself. The cable is red so I am going for a black and red aesthetics.

TL;DR: I'm looking for a sleeving that will fit a Canare L-4E5C, while being able to see through the sleeve, black in color, and is at least 4 feet long. If I could that specific length it would be great.

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 5
Jul 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 5
So these can stretch at least .189 inches?

Well I went up and brought the black and gold version considering my connectors are the same colors. Hopefully it will be strechy enough. Thanks for the recommendation.

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 5
These can easily stretch that much.  Just remember to take into account that you will truncate the length more when you stretch it more.  But yes mine stretched to close to 3 or 4 inches in diameter even though I have no idea why anyone would want to stretch it that much.  

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #5 of 5
These can easily stretch that much.  Just remember to take into account that you will truncate the length more when you stretch it more.  But yes mine stretched to close to 3 or 4 inches in diameter even though I have no idea why anyone would want to stretch it that much.  

So long as it fits the Canare mini and I'll be able to see the cable then it will fit its purpose. The only reasons why I think anyone would consider stretching it that much is for aesthetics or super tight fit.

It only comes in 10ft or 25ft anyways, which I think it's more enough even if it will truncated. I'm looking for 4 ft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back