Helping brother get speakers need help deciding
Jan 5, 2017 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cat bug

New Head-Fier
So my brother wants me to help him get some speakers for his round table. The three sets of speakers are the the Edifier R2000db, The Audioengine A2, and the HD3 I want to know which is the best to get. If you need any other information let me know. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 3
  So my brother wants me to help him get some speakers for his round table. The three sets of speakers are the the Edifier R2000db, The Audioengine A2, and the HD3 I want to know which is the best to get. If you need any other information let me know. 

Unless there is a need to compromise for space requirements the A2 shouldn't even have been there. The port tuning on those tries to squeeze a lot of bass out of such small drivers but you can't just beat physics without some new technology. I'm more likely to spend $30 on the Edifier R19U and use a gentle EQ boost to the bass than spend $250 on the A2 to do the opposite with an EQ.

If space isn't an issue the R2000DB seems a great option but I haven't heard it yet nor seen it (the lower model Edifiers a few years back had very thin panels that failed the knock test; not that any in this price range would pass with flying colors though). One other option is HiVi - check out the webstore and see what version of the M200 is available and in your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back