Help!
Dec 18, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #16 of 28
AKG is known for its massive sound stage. I recommend the Audio Technica ATH AD900x if you want a relatively balanced sound and still a massive sound stage. If you're a fan of little bass and loud treble then AKG is right up your alley.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 28
I'm not a fan of the ATH AD900x, I'm starting to get turned off the AKG.

Have you considered any of Sennheisers offerings? The HD series (HD598 in particular) has a very large sound stage but lacks in the bass department. If you're a bass head looking for an open backed pair of cans then the Fidelio X1 is the best option for you.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #20 of 28
Everyone's ears are different. I haven't tried them out but I've done a lot of research on them, enough to know that they're too relaxed for me (I prefer the speed of Beyerdynamic). I suggest you do the same.

I was talking about the HD 598 though, not the 650. There's a huge difference in price and sound.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #23 of 28
Nope not overhypped they are actually really good in sound imo just its a completly diffrent price range i just wouldnt compare them due to the price to anything else on the list for 250pounds its quite good.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #26 of 28
The HD 598 isn't hard to get in the US. You'll find it for a cheap price (brand new or lightly used) on eBay most of the time. It's a very popular starting point for audiophiles as of recent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back