HELP!!!!
May 11, 2003 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Slord

New Head-Fier
Howzit. I'm in dire need of help and direction. I am looking for headphones for my Sony MD player (Model number escapes me but it's the entry level one form last year, close to the MZ - N505). I am imergrating to England in a month or so and I need a headphone that is comfortable on the ears, good quaility(And by that I really mean fantastic freaquency responce.) and most importantly can block out all the noise that can be comonly found on the london underground. I'm a big fan of the sennheiser range but I can't find anything in their catalogue that can suite that situation except the noisegaurd headphone but the problem it's impedance is 250ohms. I need something at max 60ohms. Help me help me help me!!!
confused.gif

May 11, 2003 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 8
If you want Senn's, the Sennheiser HD280 have exceptional isolation and can be driven from a portable. Only thing is some will say you look a bit weird wearing them.

May 11, 2003 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 8
Senn HD280's if isolation is the big concern. Sony v6 (which I liked with my iPod) for a variation. I wasn't completely pleased with the PX200's sound, but for their size I thought they isolated reasonably well (at least with my smallish ears). PX250's have noise cancelling if that's a desire.

Then there's the Etys and Shures if you want to spend more.

May 11, 2003 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 8
Have you considered the Etymotics 4p? You can't hear much with those on.

May 12, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #8 of 8
By 'fantastic frequency response', are you meaning a linear sound, or one that is boosted at either end of the spectrum?

Either way, I really don't think that the PX200s would be for you... and the PX250s at 300 ohms are too demanding of the gutless amps in portable equipment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back