help
Jan 12, 2006 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

louis cypher

New Head-Fier
ok i got a $50 gift card from bestbuy. i need some new phones, pretty new to headphone{ive been using sony ex71 forever}i had a pair of senns px 200 and like the sealed cans alot but took them back cause they cable pulled out of the right side. anyway im wondering in the headfiers opinion whats the best deal to get out of these choice's:

px100

px200 {ecost has them for 36.00 so i would get them from there}

hd202

hd457.

i really want to use this giftcard but if the px200 would sound the best i would spend 36 bucks on them from ecost.

i will be using them for portable use with a samsung yepp flash player and a when i get it either a toshiba gigabeat or video ipod. also unamped for the time being{im not afraid of the headfi spending bug i just dont having anything to spend}.i listen to classic rock{the doors,led zep etc..} indie{modest mouse tv on the radio etc..} nin type stuff and alot of techno. i like bass but i would like something that sounds good alround more so than just bass

also im open to suggestions but it must be from bestbuy and under 60.00 dollars with shipping. and i have some canalphones and want to try something different.

thanks in advance

louiscypher

Jan 12, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 5
the PX200s sound worse than the PX100s
the PX100s and the HD457 seem to be about equal, so you might have to make the decision based on portability and style.

Jan 12, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 5
But the PX200 hundred are not supposed to sound so much worse. How much would the PX100 be at Best Buy? It might be better to try to sell your gift certificate to someone who shops there more and get the PX200.

Although if you are going to do that I would recommend upping your budget a little and getting Sony MDR V6/7506 or maybe some SR60s.

Hm. That was not actually very helpful. Good luck though.

Jan 12, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
But the PX200 hundred are not supposed to sound so much worse. How much would the PX100 be at Best Buy? It might be better to try to sell your gift certificate to someone who shops there more and get the PX200.

Although if you are going to do that I would recommend upping your budget a little and getting Sony MDR V6/7506 or maybe some SR60s.

Hm. That was not actually very helpful. Good luck though.

px 100 are 49.95 with 4 dollars shipping. ive had listen to the px200 and wonder if the px100 would have more bass that is the only complaint i had with the px200 not enough bass.

Jan 12, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #5 of 5
well i went with the px100 at a cost to me of 7.95 not bad if you ask me
icon10.gif

thanks for the replys
lc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back