Help
Apr 28, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #2 of 18
Yes... I've ordered from them before.

The chips are the real deal and they function fine. I am listening to them in my ppa right now.

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 18
Rather strange they are selling them in quantities of 5. The reason why I say this is because most sample quantities come as quantities of 5. Anyway, just curious...

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 18
That's true, but where would they get 5 and 10x samples from?

TI blacklists you if you ask for samples more than once in 90 days (or so I've heard, and don't plan on finding out)

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 18
Maybe using multiple email address to multiple locations. Ask a few friends to order samples, then sell on ebay... Don't know if this is what they do but one possibility. Anyway, its a dark and cruel world out there!

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 18
They only seem to have them this time of year... My theory is that it may be engineering students selling off what they can before the end of the semester. I know engineering students get large discounts on small quantities through school sometimes

Apr 28, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #7 of 18
That also sounds pretty reasonable. However, why only sell quantities of 5? It might be beneficial to sell at larger quantities (if they had them) all at the same time and reduce ebay overhead. Spurts of 5 quantities at different times sounds a little fishy though
blink.gif

Apr 28, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by grasshpr
Rather strange they are selling them in quantities of 5. The reason why I say this is because most sample quantities come as quantities of 5. Anyway, just curious...

Good call. Check out this from their feedback: "PARTS RECEIVED IN ORAGINAL SAMPLE CARRIER FROM ANALOG DEVICES." (and yet they left a positive?)

I'd definitely avoid that seller.

Apr 28, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #9 of 18
basshead.gif

Didn't see your post,
blink.gif
just holded my order.

Anyway, thank all you guys for the information.

Apr 28, 2005 at 8:06 AM Post #10 of 18
I have bought from them several times and am yet to get a sample! Normally in tubes in antistatic packaging - sealed and not marked sample. I have got samples and know how they are packaged.

See my other post today of the list send by ex-eBay vendor GCCC who also used to sell op amps on eBay. I have bought several items from him as well, which is probably how I ended up on his mailing list. They seem to have far too large numbers available to have come from sample programs but that is my take on it. One never knows.. After working 30 years in the Hotel and allied fields ( and the sheer number of people you meet in the Hotel Business - it is like deriving a core sample from humanity - you meet every kind ) I feel I should found " The Society for the Eradication of the Exclamation Point "! To qualify, one has to have ceased to be amazed by ANYTHING, ANYMORE .....

Apr 28, 2005 at 12:40 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajit
I have bought from them several times and am yet to get a sample! Normally in tubes in antistatic packaging - sealed and not marked sample. I have got samples and know how they are packaged.

I'm quite sure many people selling parts on ebay are legit. They maybe selling because they bought a lot of parts at a given time and are trying to make profit. However, selling samples is illegal (as many of us already know)! But anyhow, does anybody really care? DIYer's probably don't because we care more about building something and less about the semantics of how we arrive at the parts. But, this is only my opinion
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajit
ex-eBay vendor GCCC

how come he doesnt sell on there anymore?

Apr 28, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #14 of 18
I've gotten samples from both Analog devices and TI (2 AD 823's and 2 OPA134's) and both came in the plastic tube packaging in an ESD bag... niether were marked as samples.

Odd'y enough AD sent me the 2 op-amps in about 4 feet(!) of the plastic tubing crap. What a wase of pakaging and $$( esp. since they shipped from the south pacific)

Apr 28, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazerFRS
Odd'y enough AD sent me the 2 op-amps in about 4 feet(!) of the plastic tubing crap. What a wase of pakaging and $$( esp. since they shipped from the south pacific)

Me too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back