Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 20, 2002 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

stuckie27

100+ Head-Fier
Ok i was driving home and i decided to try spin out right, so i pressed in the clutch pressed in the gas shifted into gear and proceded to peel out. I hit 90 and then stopped at the stop sign.

When i tryed to shift back into first to go again, nothing. The clutch wasnt doing any thing.

WHAT DID I DO???????

Apr 20, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 13
I believe you called yourself to the attention of a just god.

Apr 20, 2002 at 4:02 AM Post #3 of 13
toasty
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 20, 2002 at 4:56 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

WHAT DID I DO???????

Hm, apparantely you were driving home and decided to spin out right and pressed the clutch and pressed the gas to shift gears and peel out. Then you hit 90 and stopped at the stop sign. Then you tried to shift back into first to go again and nothing happened, as the clutch wasn't doing anything.

Apr 20, 2002 at 5:28 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by stuckie27
WHAT DID I DO???????

There's any number of car BBS's that would certainly be able to address your question more quickly. My guess is that you fried your transmission. Have you lost transmission fluid?

Apr 20, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #8 of 13
Don't get an automatic. Get a bus pass. Get off the road.

Apr 20, 2002 at 7:05 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by stuckie27

WHAT DID I DO???????

I dunno, but I'd appreciate it if you'd post where you live so I can avoid driving in that area.

biggrin.gif

edit: BTW, I agree that a car forum would likely get you better responses than just the smart assed comments from us head-fiers. You'll still get smart assed comments, but likely with some knowledge mixed in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2002 at 7:49 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Don't get an automatic. Get a bus pass. Get off the road.

ROFL #1

Quote:

Originally posted by dcg
I dunno, but I'd appreciate it if you'd post where you live so I can avoid driving in that area.

ROFL #2

biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2002 at 12:18 AM Post #12 of 13
Your car will fight from going into first @ 90 MPH, if you ARE able to do it, consider your car officially broken now as you've probably locked up your gearbox. Ahem...make sure your car is actually a rear wheel drive otherwise....drifting is impossible w/out the use of water. Go to an open field, something like a deserted airport station (which there used to be, in SF at least
biggrin.gif
). And you simply turn in & out, slipping your rear tires beyong their threshold. Once they lose grip, you can drift as long as you feel fit by easing on the pedal. The handbrake also helps. Cars nowadays have something called ABS that keeps grip on the car, so old cars seem to fit the bill easier. Seems easy huh?

Apr 21, 2002 at 2:15 AM Post #13 of 13
You tempted fate, and it nailed you. That's life. Should not toy around with very important items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back