Help - ZMF Aeolus/Audeze Lcd boom mic To jds element 3 + Mic To PC issue
Aug 19, 2023 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Blackjackx1031

New Head-Fier
I have the ZMF Aeolus headphones that im trying to use with the Audeze LCD Boom Microphone cable. I have tested that the sound/mic works plugged in directly into my MOBO with a normal female TRRS to 2 male TRS connector splitter. JDS sells a premium headset adapter for ps5 premium Cable that is essentially a splitter a female TRRS 3.5mm (C) to a male 6.5 mm TRS (A) and 3.5 mm TRRS (B) that would generally connect to a ps5 controller. However it is said that it can be used on pc/smartphone if the pc or smartphone has a CTIA TRRS 3.5mm connector. No motherboard currently supports that and unfortunately when trying anyway a ground loop happens along with the mic not working. So that's not an option. I have read through the documentation for the JDS Element 3 and none of it really helps.

So from there I worked with Hart Audio cables to make a custom cable which is essentially the same Cable as the above with the only difference being B1 is male 3.5 mm TRS instead of a 3.5 mm TRRS. I had the custom cable made and it unfortunately doesn't work. After testing only 1 side work at a time. If they are both plugged in the audio will over ride and the mic will not work. To add i have been in contact with all 3 of the manufacturers customer support and all have been extremely helpful.

I'm at my wits end with all this. Its been a few months of struggling. I know there are probably better ways to go about doing this but they are not an option. I have two people constantly playing in the room so a desktop mic is not feasible. I know there are 2 amp/dacs that have mic inputs but they do not work with the ps5 + i would like to not have to spend even more money.

1. Is there something with the custom cable that would cause this to happen? Being incorrectly wired? Should i try to get another cable made?
  2. is it something with my JDS Element 3 that is preventing the mic from working?
  3. The end connector shouldn't matter right as long as the connectors are both TRS the size should be irrelevant right?

ZMF Aeolus/ Audeze Mic cable. (https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd...HKOgH8P1uKfBOyvpEDdI-tzLR3KVH9OgaAuDwEALw_wcB)

Confirmed working with a simple Y splitter cable provided by audeze directly to pc

Custom Cable by Hart Audio=

Only 1 end works at a time. If both are plugged in the audio works but not the mic. The only time the mic works is when audio is unplugged

(C) = Female 3.5mm TRRS

(B1) = Male 3.5mm TRS > Motherboard I/O Mic input

(A) = Male 6.3 mm TRS > JDS Element 3 amp/dac > optical to PC

PS5 Premium adapter cable from audeze ( https://jdslabs.com/product/premium-headset-adapter-ps5/)

Causes ground loops + Mic not working. Works on the PS5 though.

(C) = Female 3.5mm TRRS

(B) = Male 3.5mm TRRS > Motherboard I/O Mic input

(A) = Male 6.3 mm TRS > JDS Element 3 amp/dac > optical to PC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back