Help with wire fixing...
Oct 6, 2010 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

yeky83

New Head-Fier
Hi, people of Head-Fi forums.

I know that this post is way beginner-ish, but I learned to do my first fix here, so I thought I might ask...

I have an old battered shure e4 that I'm trying to fix up.

My first fix: the broken plug.

Through reading these forums, I bought a neutrik plug and replaced the old plug with the weak connection.

But now I found another place with a weak connection...

The only way I can think to fix this weak connection is to just cut away the L-R splitter protector and rewire the cable so that the weak connection is gone. But I'm just wondering, is there a way to save the splitter protector somehow?

Or is there a way to make myself a cable L-R splitter protector?

I don't know what the wires would look like if I cut away the L-R splitter protector... I would think that it's there for a purpose, so just cutting it away is kind of dissatisfying for me.

Also, to fix a potential problem before it happens...

The rubber sleeves that protected the cables from bending excessively has ripped off from long use. Can anyone suggest a way to replace those rubber sleeves?

Thanks!!

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 2
If you are going to replace the "Y" splitter while it's off, use some heat shrink to support the cable where it enters the earphones. Its not to hard to make a "Y" splitter from heat shrink and you're back in business 

cheers
FRED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back