Help with vintage H.H. Scott integrated amp
Aug 13, 2005 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lil_JV

500+ Head-Fier
Well, ATM my speakers have no amp because the idiot who last "fixed" it actually made it much worse. I brought the amp to a crappy stereo fix it shop because of a problem with the protection feature on the amp. The protection would keep coming on and off and eventually would shut off so I could use it, but it was very annoying to have to wait for this click...click...click to end. Well when I got it back from the guy it worked great for a day. Next morning I turn it on for more listening and it is doing the same thing. Click...click...click. So, me being the smart person I am unhook everything and bring it to my desk which has better lighting. I open it up to see what's happening(not that I'd know how to fix it), and when I turn it on I see a spark. Oh, crap! I quickly shut it off and unplug it. It seems the genius who took the lamps out and unhooked them left the wires loose. The positive and negative leads for one of the lamps for the front panel touched. Now I have no idea what kind of damage this did but does anyone know how bad it will be?

Oh, and the little stereo repair shop is now gone. At least I got my amp out of there before he closed down or I never would have seen it.

TIA.

JV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back