Help with Turtle Beach Micro Audio Advantage
Jan 5, 2005 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bunchex

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I just got this USB sound card to improve over the Realtek AC97 Audio sound card in my Toshiba A70 laptop. I got to say I am totally unimpressed. All of a sudden I hear clicks and bops during playback, and the virtual surround, even if it creates a good impression, causes too many clicks to be enjoyable.

However, I noted that if I play no sound at all there is pure silence through my Senns 280 silver. Whenever I had the cans plugged to the laptop's sound card I would listen a small hiss.

What's wrong with both cards? Havent I properly configures the Micro Advantage? I disabled all the surround features and the equalizer on the Micro Advantaged. I'm playing through Foobar with Kerner Streaming at 16 bit (the Turtle Beach wont play at 24). Thanks for your suggestions,

Javier

Jan 7, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 6
frown.gif

Jan 7, 2005 at 2:00 PM Post #3 of 6
I can only guess it's a USB related issue. These clicks are most likely dropouts. Why these should happen, no idea. Have anyother machine to try the thing on?

Jan 7, 2005 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 6
Javier: I had no problem with the AAM in the test setups I've used. Did you already check your device manager? For example, a usb mouse on the same root hub or some less than ideal irq sharing could be the reason for your problems.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jan 7, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the tip, when I tested it I used in the port that was used previously by the mouse, and I moved mouse, printer and Clie to a hub. Im going to change the configuration to see if it works. Thanks again!

Javier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back