Help with Studio Monitors!
Jul 22, 2009 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Infinito

New Head-Fier
Firstly i'm new in this forums, hello to all!
biggrin.gif
I'm going to tell you my situation, i'm from Argentina and sory if i have a bad English i will do my best.
I have u$s 1000 to buy a pair of Studio Monitors, in my country this things are very very EXPENSIVE, the price of the pair in others country are about u$s 500, but i get this prices to give you an idea:

KRK RP8G2 u$s 900
Behringer B2031A u$s 800
Tapco by Mackie S8 u$s 900

Okey, firstly i don't going to use the monitors to "monitor" or "mixing", not for a studio or home studio, it's only for listen music.
I'm a music lover, i love listening music a lot and i love the good quality. I'm a purist, i can't call me "Audiophile" but i have a trained ear. I play the piano, i have a MIDI controller and i use the PC to play piano with a Emu 1212m CARD(great card for the buck, very good DAC's and great for music listening).

Because in my country the prices of amplificators and passive speakers are very expensive i like the idea of buy a pair of studio monitors, but the sellers of my country told me the Studio Monitors don't have bass and sounds very "dead" for listening music. I only listened the Tapco S8 and i like it the sound.

It's for a living room of 5x5, it's a crazy idea or what?
In the case of it's a good idea or an interesing idea, can you tell me what pair of monitors should i buy and what woofer size, i like 8" for great bass response it's correct?

In my country are a lot of monitors, m-audio, alesis, krk, tapco, mackie, e-mu, etc.

Ok thank you very match and sory for my English but i have a lot of doubds lol.
Good luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi Infinito,
Welcome to Head-fi
biggrin.gif

When I have decided to go with speakers, well because sometimes headphones gets booring, I thought of Adam A7. Actually I've never heard them, but from recommendations they are awesome.
But my collegue gave me a thought about if I need monitors, because they produce flat music I mean it plays whatever you give without any coloration. And they tend to highlight the sound as it is. Concluding, mp3 will suck so much on monitors I can't even imagine
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, I am recommending Gearslutz.com - Powered by vBulletin. You'll there get more info about monitors, that I can provide.

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Go with the Mackies, they dont need a sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back