Help with speaker and sub set up and amp purchase
Feb 13, 2013 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

benbdc

New Head-Fier
I just purchased a polk audio psw10 subwoofer and a pair of sony ss-b3000 bookshelf speakers and will need an amp to power them. Sonys are 120W, 8ohm, 88db sensitivity. Ppolk sub is rms 50W
Does anyone have a recommendation of an amp to use, basically for as low a price as possible.

Thanks!

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #3 of 4
Its not really that I want more power, its Just that I need anything that can power the speakers, and has an output for the sub and im not sure where to look. Specifically I'm not sure what kind of amp I might need?

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 4
The Lepai amp will work for you. You don't need a dedicated subwoofer output on the amp, because the Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer has speaker level inputs and outputs.This means you can run speaker wire from the speaker outputs on an amp like the Lepai to the subwoofer. Then you run speaker wire again from the speaker level outputs on the subwoofer to your speakers.

Because the Polk Audio PSW10 has both speaker level inputs and outputs, it is not necessary to have a dedicated sub output on the main amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back